Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wild Camping North Donegal

• 09-06-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello everybody,

Just wondered if any of you have ever had a wild camp stopover at Portsalon/Knockalla mountain. was up that way yesterday in car with the missus and it does have a decent toilet block nearby and a cracking beach there were about 4 Mh's in the carpark but couldn't find any occupants to ask at the time. Any opinions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

We are regular visitors to Culdaff and surrounding areas. We wild camp opposite the Caratra House right beside the beach (car park). They have no problems with motorhomes and have had no problems staying there. The pub is family run and most weekends there is music. You can sit and have a nice pint and look out and look at your motorhome and the beach ;)
    http://www.caratraculdaff.com/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 4wheelin

Thanks SandyG, will try that spot for a Fri/Sat nite stopover, just got myself on the road and this is me first 'season' on the trail, so we hope to get as much use out of the MH as possible. Culdaff is about 1hr away so makes sense for a quick weekend dash. The thing I love about hitting Donegal is the endless locations you can go to, one of me favourite wild camp locations is the harbour area at portnablagh and also the end of the pier behind the boatshed in Dunfanaghy, within walking distance of the local pubs.Could probably dedicate several pages to wild camp spots in Donegal, Will try Portsalon/Knockalla beach carpark this weekend and then post a review with pics of the 5-star amenities when I get back! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

hi
    have an idea here what if we did a thread to keep all this usefull information together.like wild camp sites in the north east, northwest southeast,southwest.we could keep them all together on four handy threads
    what do yee think? Would do this but cant find the thread starting tool myself.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭asomeday

the beach is beautiful, hoping to head up there this weekend. i think the last time i was there we saw tents & thats what we would be hoping to do.

so camping within walking distance of the toilet block wont be a problem will it?

very excited first time camper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭tmalmb

camper guy wrote: »
    hi
    have an idea here what if we did a thread to keep all this usefull information together.like wild camp sites in the north east, northwest southeast,southwest.we could keep them all together on four handy threads
    what do yee think? Would do this but cant find the thread starting tool myself.:pac:

I think this would be a great idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Advertisement