Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any mental bets with crazy odds on euro 2008

• 09-06-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

i stuck 20 euros on russia to reach the final before a ball was kicked at 150/1.nice if it works out. top goal scorer could be any of 6 teams and any striker so that could be up in the air. holland and portugal look good at 20/1 for the final so that got my money, ribery got my euros as top goal scorer at 50/1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Where on Earth did you get Russia to reach the final at 150/1. They're 28/1 to win the whole thing on Betfair. Links or it didn't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

10 euro on Spain to win with Torres top scorer 17/1
    5 euro on Holland to reach the final
    5 euro on Portugal to reach the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

My God, football and everything that goes with it......it just makes me happy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Where on Earth did you get Russia to reach the final at 150/1. They're 28/1 to win the whole thing on Betfair. Links or it didn't happen
    i got it in the track bookmakers before a ball was kicked in the qualifiers, ireland were 100/1 so i really dont know were they get there numbers from, but as the saying goes never look a gift horse and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

almanu wrote: »
    i stuck 20 euros on russia to reach the final before a ball was kicked at 150/1.nice if it works out. top goal scorer could be any of 6 teams and any striker so that could be up in the air. holland and portugal look good at 20/1 for the final so that got my money, ribery got my euros as top goal scorer at 50/1.

Is it 20/1 that Holland AND Portual will be in the final ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

almanu wrote: »
    i got it in the track bookmakers before a ball was kicked in the qualifiers, ireland were 100/1 so i really dont know were they get there numbers from, but as the saying goes never look a gift horse and all that.

Holy flip that was a bit of a long shot, if they hadnt even qualified! Thought the odds would have been bit better to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

€10 on huntelaar to be top scorer @ 33/1. lookin a lost bet already with podolski gettin 2

Tusky wrote: »
    Is it 20/1 that Holland AND Portual will be in the final ?
    yeah both teams have to make it, i got that one in paddy powers, i got good value today in boyles , toni to score first and italy to win 1-0 at 22/1 ,i got a good feeling about that one.i didnt even pay money on it i got a free bet in the star lol ,new lcd hidef if that one comes in, thats if the wife dosnt read this post, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

evil_seed wrote: »
    €10 on huntelaar to be top scorer @ 33/1. lookin a lost bet already with podolski gettin 2

Not really, your guy still has to play!! Dont give up hope! Although i backed nando @9-1, just stuck a 5 on it.

gucci wrote: »
    Holy flip that was a bit of a long shot, if they hadnt even qualified! Thought the odds would have been bit better to be honest!
    every time i go into that bookies the lad behind the counter give me a sneaky smile.

• Advertisement

nearly got russia in the final, that 47 inch will have to wait a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Not crazy odds as such, but I won over €500 on an accumulator when I stuck a tenner on, i.e. 50/1.

Advertisement