Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre for BMW 320 price 300 euro?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭

A guy told me this is what he has to pay for a tyre for his 07 320. Could this be correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

from a main dealer probably, it would be a runflat and he could have the sportspack 19" wheels, he is being ripped off however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

It could be if he was being ripped off. I know someone who was paying €280 per 18" tyre for his S-class and they were €150 on eiretyres.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Try 400 for a 19" RFT - main dealer price. :(

MarkN wrote: »
    Try 400 for a 19" RFT - main dealer price. :(

Did you pay that?

Yep.. Eiretyres couldn't get the right width, Fastfit was similiar money to BMW and the car was getting serviced anyway so I just went with dealer.

I'm all for shopping around for stuff but those Bridgestone Potenzas that my car needs as per warranty and just for handling, you don't have much of a choice.

• Advertisement

Yep.. Eiretyres couldn't get the right width, Fastfit was similiar money to BMW and the car was getting serviced anyway so I just went with dealer.

I'm all for shopping around for stuff but those Bridgestone Potenzas that my car needs as per warranty and just for handling, you don't have much of a choice.

Ouch. Next time someone slags me for having 8 spark plugs in the car that cost €32 *each*, I'll tell them a full set is still only have the cost of one tyre for your car:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

BMW warranty states that you need Bridgestone Potenza's? That sounds like a scam to me. Main dealer prices are usually way dearer.

well they have to be run flats and the choice isnt great id say

Biro wrote: »
    BMW warranty states that you need Bridgestone Potenza's? That sounds like a scam to me. Main dealer prices are usually way dearer.

No they don't state the brand but like Cyrus said, 19" run flats aren't too common, there's only one or two companies that make them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Do runflat tyres have to be put on the wheels?

• Advertisement

they do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Like anything you pay for what you get.

I replaced the 4 tires on 325Ci for €1,000. Michelin Pilot Sports. €300 each of the back and €200 for each of the front. Cost on eiretyres for the same was 279 for the back and 189 for the front. So it seemed a fair price to me.

What amazes me is the amount of people that put sh*te tyres on their cars. At the end of the day your tyres give the adhesion to the road and have to deal with all manner of stresses. Why risk it for a cheap tyre?

Horse for courses, 4 new tyres on our Honda Stream cost €300 but this is a good tyre for the type of car. Any more would be a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

jayok wrote: »
    Like anything you pay for what you get.

I replaced the 4 tires on 325Ci for €1,000. Michelin Pilot Sports. €300 each of the back and €200 for each of the front. Cost on eiretyres for the same was 279 for the back and 189 for the front. So it seemed a fair price to me.

What amazes me is the amount of people that put sh*te tyres on their cars. At the end of the day your tyres give the adhesion to the road and have to deal with all manner of stresses. Why risk it for a cheap tyre?

Horse for courses, 4 new tyres on our Honda Stream cost €300 but this is a good tyre for the type of car. Any more would be a waste.

I think there should be a law concerning the basic tyre requirement in this country. Ban all cheap crap tyres, they're just dangerous.

jayok wrote: »
    I've found Vredestein Sporttrac-3 to be excellent, as are Ultracs. They're a big brand, made in Holland, and are usually cheaper than all the other big brands. Vred also do runflats. How do they compare on price? Toyo Proxes CF (I think) are similar price, and might even be a tad better.

Have no experience of the sport tracs

but for my experience of the ultracs and ultrac sessanta i would give them a very big thumbs up and for most cars would be my tyre of choice

the sessantas imo are better than eagle f1s

I currently have Sporttrac 3's and find them excellent. My bro has the Sporttrac 2's on his car, quite a bit cheaper, but nearly as good. Tho they don't look particularly impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

finbarrk wrote: »
    A guy told me this is what he has to pay for a tyre for his 07 320. Could this be correct?

try Bluebell Tyres or Phoenix Tyres

Both very reasonable

I got 4 Dunlop Sports tyres for my Evo 5 225/17 for 550 euro... not bad :)

could have gotten cheapies for 380 euro

Advertisement