Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant prices and packages

• 09-06-2008 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi Guys,
    I was wondering if someone could help with a query. I am in the process of setting up a limited company and will need to get VAT registered. At the moment I am looking for an accountant and have talk to some already. Does anyone out there have an idea on average prices that an accountant would charge. Say for end of year returns, bookkeeping etc. Also is anyone has gone through a 5 year budget projection and would have an idea on cost then that would be great I was talking to one guy and he said about €6500 + VAT, this seems excessive.

Cheers,
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Hi PATW,

Its hard for us to advise whether that quote is excessive or not as you have not given any details about the industry you are in and how many transactions will take place etc. Could you not do the bookkeeping yourself to keep the costs down particularly as you are starting off and want to keep costs to a minimum? There are computer packages out there now such as Sage and Quickbooks that anybody could use regardless of your bookkeeping knowledge.

Jockey#1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 patw

Hi Jockey#1,
    Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was hoping to do the bookkeeping myself but was wondering if somone could give me an idea of what you would expect to pay for the different levels of service an accountant offers.
    I am starting a gym with a max membership of 2000, most of the membership will be dirct debit which is managed by the club software.
    What i am interested in is what would you expect to pay an accountant for taking care of everything ie VAT, payroll etc, or instead if this was done my me what would you expect to pay of end of year sign of on accounts?
    Also, if anyone out there knows, what is the going rate to do a 5 year budget projection?

Thanks,
    Pat

Advertisement