Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1

Options
  • 09-06-2008 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

As most of you are probably still in the exam at this present time, I figured I'd start the post since I made it out early. I myself done the pass paper which wasn't too difficult but i was left out on a 60 mark question.

What did you all think of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Hey hey i made it out early too and did the pass! It was alright wasnt it?? the comprehension was a joke what an easy 100 marks. I got a page on each one of my letter and Part A. All in all it was good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

yeah was grand. I did the story about I think it was the Dentist? could someone translate the 1st sceal please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

ah the joys of pass.i repeated just maths this year but i remember it last year.i dropped to pass on the day of the exam and it was piss easy.....the joys of pass

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

I did higher,was so pleased when I saw health come up in the essay titles :),the story bout the island was hard but not too bad,the one about g8 was good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stressed!

Did the honours paper!!
    What a beautiful paper!!
    The essay titles where brilliant.....an coras slainte!!
    Thats to all i boards who predicted this title....i would have been lost without ye!!
    the leamhthuiscints where easy enough also!!!

Study....study....study for paper 2 now!!!:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

the one about the island was retarded!!

PEIG IS ****E. people need to realise this and write articles about something people care about.

The essays were ok.
    I myself had 1 essay prepared which didnt come up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

In Return For The Health Systems Appearance On The Paper My Friends And I Said We'd Give Money To Charity And Some Are Even Kissing A Toilet [You Know How God Appreciates That Sort Of Thing].

Never Had I Been So Relieved In My Life..

Comprehensions Were Okay.

Aural Not The best..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stressed!

tasha1 wrote: »

Aural Not The best..

Aural was very tricky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Did Honours - what an easy test and the aural was piss!!

Done the first aiste on aoibhness, wrote 5 pages used every nathanna cainte i could think off

The comprehensions were ok ,
    1st one was hard enough
    2nd one was easy, common sense
    answers didnt even need the text!

Aural my god - one word - SIMPLE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Paper 1 and the aural went surprisingly well. Might just have passed them both. Essay titles were great. Was worried I wouldn't understand any of them. Roll on paper 2. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Did Honours - what an easy test and the aural was piss!!

Done the first aiste on aoibhness, wrote 5 pages used every nathanna cainte i could think off

The comprehensions were ok ,
    1st one was hard enough
    2nd one was easy, common sense
    answers didnt even need the text!

Aural my god - one word - SIMPLE!![/quote]

Are u serious.The aural was impossible.The hardest I've ever done.It started off very easy but then it got very very hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 confey121

Since I thought i was going to cry before I the paper began I'm really pleased with how it went today. I did the diospoireacht & it was easy to twist it to suit you.:)
    Aural was a bit dodgy some of the accents were very difficult to understand!!

Now it all goes downhill tommrow!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

titan18 wrote: »

Are u serious.The aural was impossible.The hardest I've ever done.It started off very easy but then it got very very hard

Agreed.. :[

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Wasn't a big fan of the aural at all either. Passed it alright i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

Did the pass it was a joke how easy it was!however paper 2 wont be much fun, so much to learn, so little time!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

the aural was ridiculous,hardest i've ever done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

Aural was awful, disastrous accents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 coolcailin

thought the texts were great,real easy!
    the essay titles were ufasach :confused:
    but the aural was BRILLIANT :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

The aural was a disaster for me XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

^ Definitely.

That 'new' guy they've got in to do the Donegal Canúint accent was horrendous, it was like his voice kept breaking every three seconds...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

I did ordinary level.

Wasnt too bad. I did the letter (part time job in england) got 1 A4
    Did the sceal aswell. (everyone was reading quitely) What did the rest of the question mean? I said the books caught fire! lol My sceal always includes a fire.

Comprehensions were easy

We get wayy to much time. 2 hours would be more than enough!

As for the aural I got three answers im sure of; Microsoft; Dell and Dairygold!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

Another generous paper. Let's hope Paper 2 follows suit, and of course, business :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 karkar

Riotguy wrote: »
    ^ Definitely.

That 'new' guy they've got in to do the Donegal Canúint accent was horrendous, it was like his voice kept breaking every three seconds...

Yes it really sounded like it was breaking! I thought it was fine overall as they spoke really slowly.
    Except they kepy saying "scor" instead of "fiche" for twenty, which was a bit of a nasty trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Riotguy wrote: »
    ^ Definitely.

Ok there was definitely something up with him but he did speak terribly slow with the exception of the Monsignor thing..

Overall P1 was probably the easiest they've ever given.. At least the comprehensions were.. They were so basic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 FJH

Coras Slainte. Delighted. :D

1st reading was tricky, 2nd was ok.

Aural was horrible, I got in the 80's/100 in 2007 and 2006 papers but this was deadly. Got less than 60/10 I'd say if even.

Cuid C was a load of ****, especially piosa a tri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

Very nice paper! Specially 'An Coras Slainte'. Aural was fine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Bad aural. I'm in an Irish school, few people with difficulties on parts of it...Cuid C Part III was mock. Still, I imagine I did quite well regardless. Scored perfect on the mock aural, I'd say down a bit today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Maths made me cry this morning, but Irish made me happy again:)

Coras Slainte- THANK YOU GOD!!! Got four pages of great irish (hopefully)
    Comps- Fine, there was like one tricky question on the Blasket Island one
    Aural- Simple. I love tape. The Donegal guy made me laugh, especially the start of piosa a tri, my supervisor kept giveing me weird looks for smiling to myself:P
    Only one thing- Piosa a haon, the Ballyvourney one, were the questions in the wrong order?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pocket aces

coras sláinte :D

i think it was a lovely paper, comprehensions were fine, aural was grand (even though there were a few weird accents...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 FJH

Ya compared to 2007 and 2006 aural's it was very hard. Suppose they were always going to make it harder after a couple of nice ones.

Advertisement