Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 karkar

Fuascailt wrote: »
    Maths made me cry this morning, but Irish made me happy again:)

Coras Slainte- THANK YOU GOD!!! Got four pages of great irish (hopefully)
    Comps- Fine, there was like one tricky question on the Blasket Island one
    Aural- Simple. I love tape. The Donegal guy made me laugh, especially the start of piosa a tri, my supervisor kept giveing me weird looks for smiling to myself:P
    Only one thing- Piosa a haon, the Ballyvourney one, were the questions in the wrong order?

For that one it listed some other facilites, then had the answer to the second question, and then listed some more facilities like broadband. I'm sure they'll accept either though because it didn't specify!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mebabyme

Good fair paper!
    essays were perfect and comps were simple. 1st one on the island was great because it was all about the novel im doing "an toileanach" same vocab etc! great stuff

aural was a different story . .especially compared to the mocks . .got 97% in the mocks but the one today was a different story . . .especially cuid c part 3?????:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

:D:D:D:D MOST BEAUTIFUL PAPER EVER

Well apart from the whole listening!! But still I think I passed anyway!!

ROLL ON PAPER 2 hahahaha :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

Fuascailt wrote: »
    Only one thing- Piosa a haon, the Ballyvourney one, were the questions in the wrong order?

I THINK, but I'm not sure, but the first list was of other shops in the building, and the second time it definitely mentioned 'aiseanna'. I took down the second list, because aiseanna was definitely there... but I'm not sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

ya that was a trick question i think! I wrote down siopa caife first then wrote in an t-idirlion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 saywhaat

i did the higher level and i'm pretty happy!!

didnt have anything prepared for the coras slainte but i managed to do it talkin crap about MRSI, cancer facilities and overworked nurses!!slotted in a few general phrases but had nothing too fancy!

comprehensions were grand, one or two tricky questions but sure what odds!:rolleyes:

aural ---> LOVELY!:D:Dbest one i could have hoped for!easy questions and it didnt disguise the answers in the middle of a big long complicated sentence...Cuid C was even pretty handy, lot easier than other years!

now for stupid paper 2 and business....its gonna be a wild night of studying!:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

pass paper was too easy i was finished in 50 mins...the aural on theother hand was terrible i never do well in it...my higher level friend told me that jab is another irish word for job!! i couldnt beleive this i never heard of that word in my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nyangnyang

The aural was soooooooo easy,they were talking so slow it was unreal. The leamhthuiscints were ok but the titles for the sceals were awful:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Well, I hardly ever post here (usually only come to scam predictions ;) ) but I can't contain my joy for how well paper 1 went for me. The aiste was PERFECT! I regurgitated three pages of a learnt-off Córas Sláinte essay in just over half an hour and had the rest of the time to concentrate on my comprehensions. It was wierd because my grinds teacher had been talking to me about the bhlascaoid islands just last weekend and I was fascinated. So I actually found that comp enjoyable!

Think it could be a hint that Fiche Bliain ag Fás could come up tomorrow? I hope so!

The aural was grand. Those damn accents always get me, though. The Donegal dialect is actually not that hard to comprehend! Why do they go out of their way to sound like they're about to throw up? Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

titan18 wrote: »

Are u serious.The aural was impossible.The hardest I've ever done.It started off very easy but then it got very very hard

Also feel I did a terrible aural, & also think it was the hardest one I've done, or maybe it was the environment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Two phones went off during our aural lol.

I hear the pass paper was an insult, ye lucky mongs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 i hate boards

pass irish is my homie. the comprehensions were a joke and i'm laughing all the way to the irish bank in poland. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Petie_Pie

For the pass paper was the first scéal
    They were all in the waitin room readin quietly.... i hate visitin the dentist...
    Or somethin along them line??

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

Never have I been so happy that our health system is a wreck. Coras Slainte I love you :p

The comprehensions were okay, I guess you could say the first one was pretty boring but in fairness they're never exactly riveting are they?

Aural was okay, a couple of funny voices though. The very last one was a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I was finished paper 1 at 3, did the essay on aoibhness which was easy and the comprehensions were simple too, as was the aural. I'm pretty confident that I'm on an A1 at the moment, but that will more than likely change tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Ordinary paper was grand. ceapadoireachts, nothing too hard at all.:)

Aural, some parts were simple, other parts had weird pronounciation. And my mom was ringing me so my phone was in my pocket vibrating which kinda threw me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Done shockingly bad on it , the tape was a disgrace, and about 30 more people were furious about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

paper 1 was grand..as for the oral..was full of ulster and connaught irish..very unfair for us munster folk. not impressed AT ALL.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Did the higher paper.

It was a beautiful paper! I saw the debate on media and I was sorted! Found the leamhthuiscint easier than usual too. I was really happy with the tape too! :D

Was I the only one who thought the tape was easier than usual?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

lizt wrote: »

yes!! haha i couldnt understand two words of it, and i was sitting right beside it!! :mad: O and im in honours so it kinda sucks hopefully my oral will pull me thru tho...!! tout da essay titles were awful, or teacher said that coras slainte wouldnt come up coz its 2 controversial but OMG wen i saw it i nearly cried!! :eek: all we had learned was drugs alcohol and violence!! Does any1 no how much the essay is actually worth % wise out of the whole exam?? tanks!! xox

YES!!!!

Either that or you're just trying to piss the rest of us off!!!

does Any1 No How Much The Essay Is Actually Worth % Wise Out Of The Whole Exam?? Tanks!! Xox

16.6%

BoozyBabe wrote: »
    YES!!!!

Either that or you're just trying to piss the rest of us off!!!

Ok... sorry for expressing my opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

BoozyBabe wrote: »
    16.6%
    ok thank you so much, whew i can still pass even f i get no marks for my awful essay

hey if you found it easy fair juice to ya!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

Did honours after debating whether or not to drop to pass
    The health system... God I was sooo happy.
    Comprehensions were grand too.
    Only thing is I never really got the hang of putting the answers in my own words lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

An Aimisir in Eireann. Pure brilliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

that tape was awful!

pretty much left out the whole last section, couldn't make head nor tails or it.

Ah, relax, I was only pulling the 'you know what'!!

I wish I was saying I thought it was easy!!!!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I thot the tape test was fine. A few answers i took a rough guess and stuff but nothing to complain about.

Maths Paper II on the other hand.... :mad:

Advertisement