Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speeding Camera - Dalgan Park (Navan)

Options
  • 09-06-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Anybody know if this camera is usually loaded with film? I'm not familar with the road and think I might have been slightly over the 100km limit passing it at the weekend. :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

If you didn't notice it flashing at you twice you're probably safe enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Peadar85

Something drew me to my rear mirror which is what had me worried that it might have been a flash. It was bright while I was driving(8pm) so the flash mighn't be so obvious.
    Oh well I'll just have an anxious couple of months waiting for the postman to deliver the bad news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Peadar85 wrote: »
    Something drew me to my rear mirror which is what had me worried that it might have been a flash. It was bright while I was driving(8pm) so the flash mighn't be so obvious.
    Oh well I'll just have an anxious couple of months waiting for the postman to deliver the bad news!!

It does flash but doubt its loaded with film, same thread in motors.
    Still wouldnt take the chance tho, they move the working ones around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Peadar85 wrote: »
    If you don't hear anything by the end of next week, you'll be alright. Well, that's how long it took my husband's fines to arrive in the post...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

kelle wrote: »
    If you don't hear anything by the end of next week, you'll be alright. Well, that's how long it took my husband's fines to arrive in the post...

It can take anything up to 3 months. Even if it did flash you, doesn't mean there was film in as bitemybanger said. Cross your fingers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Sorry to say Peadar85, but i got done there back in march and it took about 3 weeks to arrive in the post. :mad:

my own fault, totally forgot it was there on way to work early one morning... was tired and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I got done by a garda on a bike with a gun and it took 5 and a bit months to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

It was burned down a few years ago. Prob been fixed though.

Did you get anything in the post yet, OP? I think the suspense is killing us all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Peadar85

Nothing in the post YET....with yet being an important part of the sentence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

its active again
    i saw this flashing to an oncoming car from navan 2 weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

No offence but is the oncoming camera not fairly obvious? Or are you new to the road?

;) i knew this reply will come!!
    So the camera is there for the years but it was burnt down many times and just got re-active again,
    the car was coming from navan towards dublin and camera flashed after car went passed, i was around 200-300 meter on other side (i.e. driving from dub to navan) and swa it,
    driving to this road since last six years, hence knew that camera there

OP, please re-read post 10 and let us know!

nope, it didn't flashed for me, but for other car.
    i just noticed yesterday that screen has been cleaned.
    Will try to see more in next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dr.Glockenspiel

It took 3 and a half months for notice of a speeding ticket I received to arrive in the post.

I checked the provisions dealing with the giving of notice in the Road Traffic Act, 1961 and its various amendments and there is no stipulation of when notice should be given by the gardai. The recipient of notice has 28 days to pay 80euro or 56 days to pay 120euro. The recipient can still pay after expiry of the 56 days, before prosecution is initiated against him. Prosecution must be initiated within 2 years.

I seems unreasonable to me that the Gardai would give notice of an offence after the expiry of long period in time. For example, after 3 1/2 months, I have no recollection of how I was driving on the day in question, or even if I was the person driving the car on that day. In addition, certain changeable environmental factors can influence a person's defence to a prosecution (e.g. foliage covering the sign stating the speed limit, weather conditions affecting Garda equipment etc), but opportunity for gathering evidence of same can be lost.

In England, the position appears to be that notice may be given either at the scene or within 14 days afterwards through the post. A previous posting mentioned receiving notice 5 months after the fact. That to me is an excessive delay.

Anyway, I w

talk to a solicitor
    you might get away eaisily,
    its money but point as well

Regards

Advertisement