Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Track

Options
  • 09-06-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all

Does anyone know if there are any running tracks in Limerick? I know there is one in UL but I've just moved to the South Circular Road and was wondering if anyone knew of any tracks that can be used by the public anywhere closer? If not, I could come up with a route for myself around the area but I enjoy running on a track/field area and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere?

Thanks a million

Kate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Mary I have some sports fields, not if any of the nearby schools have any but you could do worse than to check in St. Clements, Laurel Hill and Scoil Carmel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

dont think there are any out that way..pitches in garryowen rugby club or Mary I might be another option...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 patrickoneill0

Summerville Rovers pitch, Ballinacurra Gaels pitch, Young Munsters pitch are all in the Ballincurra Gardens area, and are grass pitches. Catholic Institute have an all weather hockey pitch, that I have seen people running around while there is soccer/hockey training on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KateD

Thanks a million for the replies. Looks like there are quite a few options that I can look at...new to the area so really didn't have a clue!!

Does anyone know what the craic is with things like Mary I grounds, rugby grounds? Are they open to the public for things like running? Should I just contact them directly to find out what the story is?

Thanks again

Kate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I think Mary I would be the best option.

• Advertisement

i think garryowen pitches are nearly always open..not too sure about Mary I we used to play soccer on the pitches there at night and the weekends and never had any hassle accessing the place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KateD

i think garryowen pitches are nearly always open..not too sure about Mary I we used to play soccer on the pitches there at night and the weekends and never had any hassle accessing the place...

That's great to know. Thanks so much. I'll suss Mary I out as its pretty much next door to me.

Thanks all for your help.

no probs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Failing the Mary I pitches there's always road-running - www.mapmyrun.com is a great resource for plotting routes.

Advertisement