Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rok 08

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Is it possible to just pay a fee to enter the ROK?
    Or if not, can you sponsor yourself and is there a minimum sponsorship amount.
    (Im a little shy about approaching people for sponsorship)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

kenmc wrote: »
    erm isn't the route anti-clockwise? I thought that molls gap was the last bit of the route.
    Oops, my mistake, ROK is anti-clockwise.
    Harpz wrote: »
    Is it possible to just pay a fee to enter the ROK?
    Or if not, can you sponsor yourself and is there a minimum sponsorship amount.
    (Im a little shy about approaching people for sponsorship)
    I sponsored myself last year, and will be doing the same this year. No minimum.
    I emailed Enable Ireland (1st addr on left) and got my sponsorship card this morning. I also got a bright yellow Enable Ireland cotton t-shirt, which I will not be wearing. I'll get my 3 year old niece to put it on as she stands at the end of the garden with her grandfather waving at people (just before Beaufort Bridge, about 8 miles from the start).

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

People have mentioned here about just giving an individual donation at registration. It seems to have worked.
    I dunno what would be considered an appropriate donation though!

I dont mind collecting sponsorship for the Ring of Kerry as its for local charitys, but if you intended to do 3 or more of these type of events per year, it must be a compleat drag asking the same people for money on multiple occasions.

Advertisement