Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canadian GP

• 09-06-2008 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Interesting race yesterday folks. I couldn't believe it when Hamilton ran into the back of Raikonnen. It was nice to see Kubica win. He's been driving well all year and I think he was going to win something sooner rather than later.

One thing I didn't like was something James Allen said at the end. I think it was during the ceremony on the podium when he said about Kubica.. "Brad Pitt he ain't, but he is a fast driver blah blah" something along those lines. I really disliked the way he said that, I don't think he needed to say that at all.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

Yeah, it was a great race to watch, shaping up to be a very good season.

It was great Kubica won, he has been a very steady driver this season, a well deserved win. Heidfeld looked v down after the race.

I fully agree that James Allens comment was not right, but sure all they really care about is Lewis! When Lewis won in Monaco they extended the programme so we could hear the press conference in full, that did not happen yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Montreal is always a chaotic but great race to watch and yesterday was just mad.

I'm delighted for Kubica, great season so far and well deserved win. It's a pity Hamilton ruined Kimi's race.

I'm looking forward to the french GP, not the most exciting one but should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

One thing I didn't like was something James Allen said at the end. I think it was during the ceremony on the podium when he said about Kubica.. "Brad Pitt he ain't, but he is a fast driver blah blah" something along those lines. I really disliked the way he said that, I don't think he needed to say that at all.

Remember, this is the muppet James Allen we're talking about here, so for him to come out with something stupid like that isn't really surprising. :rolleyes: I guess he was also pissed off that his precious Lewis didn't win so he decided to have a pop at the winner while he was at it! :D

What I found even worse was the statement he made on the last lap where he said something like, "A year ago, everybody thought Kubica was dead". I found that statement to be in very bad taste. Though, once again, seeing as it's James Allen, I really shouldn't be surprised at this stage! :rolleyes:

Please, please, please, if there really is a God and if there's any justice in the world at all, let's hope he doesn't get the commentating job at the BBC next year and it's given to someone much more capable like Ben Edwards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It wasn't just Allen who was acting the tool on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Another ITV comment at the Spanish GP i found funny too when Brundle, i think it was, described the Spanish coverage of Formula 1 as "Alonso and 21 other idiots". Sometimes i feel ITV can be very similar towards their own.

Moving to BBC won't help. They will be just as biased if not even worse. I might just put up with the Setanta coverage from now on to tell you the truth.

Great race anyway. Two in a row! The French and British GP's will probably bore us to death however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

When Ron Dennis was told that Kubica had lost 6 kilo's at the start of the season, he joked about a nosejob also. Ron hadn't a lot to laugh about him yesterday. Nowadays you have to look good for the sponsors to be a good racingdriver. that's a pity.

I enjoyed the race. A nice slippery track and cars without TC. It made the race unpredictable.

Advertisement