Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CPW Northside LIVE in Dublin June 14th & 15th

• 09-06-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

CPW NORTHSIDE

RETURNS TO DUBLIN FOR TWO NIGHTS

SATURDAY JUNE 14, 2008 AND SUNDAY JUNE 15, 2008

CPW Northside returns for two exciting nights to Dublin. First on
    Saturday June 14, 2008 at the Noamh Fionnbarra GAA Club in Cabra, then on Sunday June 15, 2008 at the Whitehall/Colmcille GAA Club in Whitehall.

CPW Northside is an expansion branch of Celtic Pro Wrestling, but with a more extreme theme. Featuring Irish stars such as Insano, Lenny Hanna, CPW Tag Team Champions Thunder & Lighning and International stars with the likes of “The American Rockstar” CJ Summers.

CPW Northside is a company that is a strong supporter of our community; is a
    promotion that brings together top Irish talent along with talent from around the world.

This is what will set Northside apart from all other pro wrestling companies in Ireland.

Doors open at 6:00pm and the show starts at 7:00pm.
    Admission is 10 euro

For further information on CPW Northside visit the website at www.myspace.com/cpwnorthside.

poster-3a.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ITT: CPW advertises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

You've got to laugh at how each promotion tries to outdo the others. Is being "a strong supporter of our community" and bringing "together top Irish talent along with talent from around the world" really what sets CPW Northside apart?!

Fozzy wrote: »
    You've got to laugh at how each promotion tries to outdo the others. Is being "a strong supporter of our community" and bringing "together top Irish talent along with talent from around the world" really what sets CPW Northside apart?!

CJ Summers = Wrestling's answer to Des Bishop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

The same night as Iww in the Nba, who books this and SERIOUSLY thinks they will draw anyone but family and friends?

Its a small enough island for wrestling so why try and compete, its not like theres hundreds of Indies over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

jeffk wrote: »
    The same night as Iww in the Nba, who books this and SERIOUSLY thinks they will draw anyone but family and friends?

Its a small enough island for wrestling so why try and compete, its not like theres hundreds of Indies over here.

Aaaah reminds me of the days when NWA Ireland and IWW booked the same dates around 2005. Was wondering how long before we'd see this again.

I do agree with jeffk though, it's a stupid idea two Irish promotions booking two shows on the same date (not blaming anyone here, before anyone starts, just being neutral), there's never a real winner at the end of it.

VR!

• Advertisement

Aaaah reminds me of the days when NWA Ireland and IWW booked the same dates around 2005. Was wondering how long before we'd see this again.

I do agree with jeffk though, it's a stupid idea two Irish promotions booking two shows on the same date (not blaming anyone here, before anyone starts, just being neutral), there's never a real winner at the end of it.

VR!

Pretty much my thoughts.

VR!

Total bushleague stuff.

It is the type of idiocy which hurt Wrestling in the UK for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

, Who Books This And Seriously Thinks They Will Draw Anyone

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

The shows are on at opposite sides of the city, if CPW can attract 100 paying locals then I'm sure they'll be more than happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CPW Northside

CPW Northside is a entirely new type of promotion in Ireland. One that doesn't focus on the same cartoony type wrestling Irish fans are use to but a more Xtreme for of wrestling. More edgy and more exciting form of pro wrestling. Before eveyone gets negative please check it out for yourself then at least you'll give use a fair shot. Don't worry we won't edit your post like other companies we are interested in the fans really opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

CPW Northside is a entirely new type of promotion in Ireland. One that doesn't focus on the same cartoony type wrestling Irish fans are use to but a more Xtreme for of wrestling. More edgy and more exciting form of pro wrestling. Before eveyone gets negative please check it out for yourself then at least you'll give use a fair shot. Don't worry we won't edit your post like other companies we are interested in the fans really opinions.

I checked out CPW once.

I won't be doing it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

You can't edit their posts anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

@CPW Northside: Your english is horrible :/

He is from Northside (Like me) what did you expect :D.

The shows are on at opposite sides of the city, if CPW can attract 100 paying locals then I'm sure they'll be more than happy.

But the thing is that they did far less on their last few shows when no one else was running a show.

HAVE to give props to the powers that be @ CPW for the text info service they send out.Thats something other Irish promotions could try.

That being said having cabra gaa and whitehall gaa as the venues is poor,but i assume they where trying to keep it to one text!

rovert wrote: »
    But the thing is that they did far less on their last few shows when no one else was running a show.

Source?

And Gerard, out of interest, why not describe your CPW experience rather than make a sweeping statement?

Source?

The videos on their Myspace page were recent I would guess and there's some people there, but 100 is stretching it

HAVE to give props to the powers that be @ CPW for the text info service they send out.Thats something other Irish promotions could try.

That does sound like a good idea, I took me alot digging to find out about their recent show in Drimagh.
    Fozzy wrote: »
    The videos on their Myspace page were recent I would guess and there's some people there, but 100 is stretching it

That and I spoke to someone who went to that show and another who has gone to others in the past. It is my impression that the crowds have fallen off since Blake Norton left.

That does sound like a good idea, I took me alot digging to find out about their recent show in Drimagh.

That and I spoke to someone who went to that show and another who has gone to others in the past. It is my impression that the crowds have fallen off since Blake Norton left.

Thats entirely possible, I was just inquiring.

• Advertisement

You guys are rough, lol. First we would never censor our fans. Secon we are not CPW Celtic Pro Wrestling! We are CPW Northside a expansion of Celtic Pro Wrestling, but a entirely new product. Trust I've seen passed showed and didn't think to much of it that is why we lauched the new brand. We will be fair to you fans we just ask you be fair with us and give us a fair shot at proving it.

You guys are rough, lol. First we would never censor our fans. Secon we are not CPW Celtic Pro Wrestling! We are CPW Northside a expansion of Celtic Pro Wrestling, but a entirely new product. Trust I've seen passed showed and didn't think to much of it that is why we lauched the new brand. We will be fair to you fans we just ask you be fair with us and give us a fair shot at proving it.

Fair enough. I might check out a show if I ever have the time to travel out there. Won't be the upcoming one though!

I might try and get to one soon myself to, seen as im on the northside and these shows ain't to far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Trust I've seen passed showed a

spaz.gif

And Gerard, out of interest, why not describe your CPW experience rather than make a sweeping statement?

The wrestling was poor, the crowd was dead (and rightly so), the characters were either ridiculously unimagivative or non-existant, the heavyweight champion was about 2 foot tall, the sound was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Yeah I dnt mean to be a d**k but I went to either a CPW or CPW Northside show out by my house. The show was really poor there was like 17 people at it,the week b4 I went to c Eugene & Dupree in IWW & there was like easy 400 people & by and large the show was gud.
    Iv only been to like 3/4 irish shows(the IWW 1s out in Donnycarney & CPW) bt it kinda turnd me off goin to an all Irish show think id prob jst stick to the shows wit WWE guys on it(sorry dnt mean2b so negative):o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Balls Mahoney and Davari are at The Wrestling shop in

Artane Castle on sat 14 and they are charging 25euro for tickets to meet them.

Just throwing that out there if anyone is intrested.

Phone number for WWE shop is ......8511423.:D

Balls Mahoney and Davari are at The Wrestling shop in

Artane Castle on sat 14 and they are charging 25euro for tickets to meet them.

Just throwing that out there if anyone is intrested.

Phone number for WWE shop is ......8511423.:D

Wrong topic. But judging by the smiley in your post, you already know that. Cretin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Ayden316

sharpshooter this is for the IwW topic......This is the CpW Northside topic:p:p:p

• Advertisement

Ayden316 wrote: »
    sharpshooter this is for the IwW topic......This is the CpW Northside topic:p:p:p

Yep already .........POLITELY .........pointed out by flananator.....
    But l suppose as he labelled me a cretin ye think l need telling again.
    l dont.........:p

Yep already .........POLITELY .........pointed out by flananator.....
    But l suppose as he labelled me a cretin ye think l need telling again.
    l dont.........:p

Cretin was a little harsh. Apologies. :)

Cretin was a little harsh. Apologies. :)

Noted Accepted and Forgotton:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Ayden316

Results from the Northside show in whitehall

Damien Corvin beat Lee lightning. Mary Mcarthy bested Gerry Soul in a test of strength contest. This was funny as ****. Lenny Hanna beat John Jennings. lenny looked seriously banged up. more than likely injured the night before. Insano beat Thunder Titan. really good back and forth match between 2 really fast and agile wrestlers. John jennings beat Danny the pain. these 2 litterally beat the **** out of each other. the punches really looked legit
    New CpW heavyweight champion CJ summers versus New CpW Irish champion andy phoenix didnt have an ending. guess it was a no contest. Jennings interfered and attacked both andy and summers. then he attacked Gerry soul and owner brian griffin. After jennings left danny the pain appeared and andy brian gerry and danny proceded to beat the crap out of summers until the backstage made the save. very good show and the crowd loved every minute of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why would a promotion which is probably 4th out of 4 in the country "expand". Surely they should try and make the original product better?

gimmick wrote: »
    Why would a promotion which is probably 4th out of 4 in the country "expand". Surely they should try and make the original product better?

Well they did outdraw IWW last night :pac:

• Advertisement

There were about 250-300 for IWW last night, ring or no ring.

They have to try expand otherwise they will always be 4th out of 4.

There were about 250-300 for IWW last night, ring or no ring.

That all? Sheesh.Thats very poor. For the amount of talent, travel costs etc. involved in that Cork show, even if it had gone ahead, its likely that IWW would have made an even bigger loss than CPW with their 100 with miniscule costs.

All this talk about a company coming in with a strong business plan to revolutionize the Irish wrestling scene. That is exactly what we are trying to do, but it up to the fans to attend a show and give the project a chance. We are an expansion of CPW but a totally seperate company. these past few events were a test to see if our plan was practical or a bust. I think we proved it is viable to showcase young irish talent and a kickass show with guys that want it on a small budget. And give the fans an action-packed event. Every company starts somewhere even the original ECW. Thank you to the guys that checked us out and for your comments on the show. We listen to the fans and if we put up a **** show we wanna hear from the people that really matter the fans, and this ain't some bull**** to get over with the fans it the truth. We really want the feedback to get the best product in Ireland.

So you're saying the IWW show in Cork didn't draw as well as it should have because a rival promoter started taking IWW's posters down? If you are going to throw out a pretty strong accusation like that you should really back it up with proof of some sort.

Thats exactly what I am saying. I was putting up posters around Cork City and County, and had a very hard time keeping them there. I had no such problem when I did a similar job in February for IWWs first show in Cork. Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but almost none of my posters were taken down first tiem round. i would also like to point out I have no affiliation whatsoever to IWW, simply doing a favour for a promotion I have supported for the last few years.

Anyway, this is a CPW discussion, nada to do with any other promotion.

• Advertisement

Thats exactly what I am saying. I was putting up posters around Cork City and County, and had a very hard time keeping them there. I had no such problem when I did a similar job in February for IWWs first show in Cork. Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but almost none of my posters were taken down first tiem round. i would also like to point out I have no affiliation whatsoever to IWW, simply doing a favour for a promotion I have supported for the last few years.

Are you sure it wasnt a) the council b) the Lisbon Treaty people?

ayden316 wrote: »
    Cpw Heavyweight Champion Cj Summers.

Hahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Hahahahaha

I don't get it. What's so funny about that?

I moved some posts to a new thread in case anyone's looking for them

I don't get it. What's so funny about that?

He's ****. A few years ago he was jobbing to Dave Zero in the opening match of a card for another company! His promos are embarrassingly bad, and I have witnessed this first hand on several occasions, you would actually cringe at some of the nonsense he comes out with. His status as teh Heavyweight Champion of a company does nothing good for it in my opinion, and there isn't a chance I'd pay money to see him. But feel free to state your opinion too.

Dave Zero

What happened to him? He was great on the very early IWW television show.

What happened to him? He was great on the very early IWW television show.

He really wasn't. The state of him. He packed it in after his humiliation at one of the first Gym Wars during the IWW-NWA Ireland interpromotional feud when his match with Adam Abz turned into a shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

He really wasn't. The state of him. He packed it in after his humiliation at one of the first Gym Wars during the IWW-NWA Ireland interpromotional feud when his match with Adam Abz turned into a shoot.

The best part of all that was, he had his mates try to convince everyone that it was a "worked shoot".

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He's ****. A few years ago he was jobbing to Dave Zero in the opening match of a card for another company! His promos are embarrassingly bad, and I have witnessed this first hand on several occasions, you would actually cringe at some of the nonsense he comes out with. His status as teh Heavyweight Champion of a company does nothing good for it in my opinion, and there isn't a chance I'd pay money to see him. But feel free to state your opinion too.

Does he still have a belly on him like a pregnant teenager? Loves the aul cardio I'd say.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Does he still have a belly on him like a pregnant teenager? Loves the aul cardio I'd say.:pac:

He does indeed! And he's almost as annoying as one of them too! As annoying as CJ is, those pregnant teenagers would just wreck your head.

• Advertisement
Advertisement