Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding Cameras - Navan

Options
  • 09-06-2008 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Anybody know if the cameras around Navan are usually loaded with film? I'm not familar with the area and think I might have been slightly over the 100km limit passing the one at Dalgan Park on the Dunshauglin road at the weekend...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Doubt it, that thing hasn't flashed in years, not since they replaced it after some thoughtful individual burned it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Peadar85

Oh right, I've since read that one on the kells road had been burnt out but didn't know this one had been too....crazy navanmen eh!!
    I passed the camera, didn't spot it at all then i thought i saw something in the rear mirror and it was then that i spotted the monstrosity of a thing which had me thinking that what i spotted was a flash.
    I have been reassuring myself with similar thoughts of hardly any of them working in the country but I'll just play the waiting game i guess!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

It was just the one on the Kells to Navan road that was burned, The one at dalgan park does flash but i doubt its loaded, i passed it last week on my bike doin about 130 or so headin for Navan, I herd somwhere that only 5 fixed Gatsos work in Ireland at any one time, not sure how true that is but the 3 i pass every morning and evening on the N3 defo dont work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

the 3 i pass every morning and evening on the N3 defo dont work

I got cauthg by the one further up at ross cross on the N3... 109 in a 100 :mad:
    Money for Jam !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

bbam wrote: »
    I got cauthg by the one further up at ross cross on the N3... 109 in a 100 :mad:
    Money for Jam !!!

Was that long ago bbam?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

It was just the one on the Kells to Navan road that was burned, The one at dalgan park does flash but i doubt its loaded, i passed it last week on my bike doin about 130 or so headin for Navan, I herd somwhere that only 5 fixed Gatsos work in Ireland at any one time, not sure how true that is but the 3 i pass every morning and evening on the N3 defo dont work

The one at Dalgan was burned out before the one on the Kells side of Navan, about two or three years ago now, they didn't replace it for about six months.

Some idiot councilor from Dunshaughlin was ranting on about it in the local paper awhile afterwards, and saying there should be loads of them hidden all along the road from Dunshaughlin to Kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Peadar85 wrote: »
    Anybody know if the cameras around Navan are usually loaded with film? I'm not familar with the area and think I might have been slightly over the 100km limit passing the one at Dalgan Park on the Dunshauglin road at the weekend...

Yes, was done last year doing 117kmph. Thank god for the Uk licence !! Paid fine no points

Did it flash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Was that long ago bbam?

December'ish... :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It was just the one on the Kells to Navan road that was burned,
    Be warned that there's been a white Transit Connect sized van parked at this camera over the last week or two. It disappeared a few days ago but it's back now about 300m further down the road (heading to Kells).

No tinted back windows but seems suspicious to me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

all camera's deserve a good cooking!

• Advertisement
Advertisement