Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crash - Road Closure

Options
  • 09-06-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Any notice that there seems to be a road closure after every serious accident now ?

Seems to be a new phenomenon or did I just start noticing this now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

As far as i know a road will be closed if there was a fatality, maybe someone can shed more light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

if there is a serious accident with a fatality or chance of a fatality they will close the road as it is a potential serious crime scene.

The requirment for preservation of evidence necessitates the closure of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

This is now a requirement after a fatal / serious road accident, to allow the garda technical bureau from the traffic core to investigate the accident properly. While it is an inconvience to those people who get caught up by the road closure's, it's not before it's time.

Maybe in time we will hear less "speed kills", and their will be a greater emphasis on improving our roads and driving skills.

Althought they need to manage these road closure's better, diverting traffic much earlier and advising of the closure's on national radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It's a recent development alright, and a welcome, if inconvenient one. There's always the sat nav detour:D:D got me around Roscrea fairly lively when there was a 5 km tailback due to road closure.

Advertisement