Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using bank accounts abroad...

Options
  • 09-06-2008 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

greetings,
    i heard form a friend that apparently with an AIB Student Plus account, one can use their ATM card abroad without charges!?!?
    please tell me this is true!
    thanks.

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

greetings,
    i heard form a friend that apparently with an AIB Student Plus account, one can use their ATM card abroad without charges!?!?
    please tell me this is true!
    thanks.

Dave

i very much doubt it as the standard eu wide atm fee is 4.5%.
    eg this is what other banks charge aib atm cardholders to use say a Credit Suisse atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

With a cirrus/laser card from BOI you can use it free of charge (standard transaction fee of 28c applies unless you have free banking) in the euro zone, but the other bank can and may charge but thats up to them and it is beyond the control of the BOI. Dunno if this is how other irish banks do it

Advertisement