Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pm plugin for FF not working.

Options
  • 09-06-2008 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else having issues with the board pm notification plugin not working post the upgrade ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Now that you mention it Thaed, yes.

Not working post upgrade at all.

Possibly more a plugin issue (as the text notifying us of new PMs has changed?)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I would imagine the upgrade b0rked it wholesale. Hopefully Hobbes will be along with a new one (I just installed FF and need to backup 8000+ PMs :) )

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ahhhhh.

Actually it would be great if the admins just create a file I could query. Will fix at the weekend.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULT!!!! :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

You see, I just read post #4, and realised how little I know.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

DeVore wrote: »
    CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULT!!!! :)

DeV.
    You summoned me, Magus?

Hobbes, what's the input and what do you need it to output and in what format.

Edit: also I'd like to move the thread itself to either Mature Projects or Beta Projects under Development if that's alright with you?

Just leave a redirect here and we should be good.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

DeVore wrote: »
    I would imagine the upgrade b0rked it wholesale. Hopefully Hobbes will be along with a new one (I just installed FF and need to backup 8000+ PMs :) )

DeV.

Ah see I meant the ff plug in which notifies you when you have a pm that is
    Hobbes' wonderful work.

The pm archiver was Lemmings and I haven't had call to use that post back up yet....

Probably thats b0rked too...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

CuLT wrote: »
    Hobbes, what's the input and what do you need it to output and in what format.

Howdy. Whatever forum is fine for me. The plugin reads the userCp pagefor the following.
    - Total number of PM.
    - Current new PM total.
    - Total number of Subscribed Threads. (can't remember if this one is used)
    - New subscribed Threads.

If the current number of new PM > 0 then the plugin changes color and updates a pop-up. Only works if user is logged in (does no security, its handled by browser/cookies/pws).

So a text file or xml file that I know is going to stay static. Means less bits being pulled as well.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement