Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugeot 306

Options
  • 09-06-2008 4:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

ok theres theres a peugeot 2001 306 1.4 meridan for sale in carzone from a dealer that a friend is looking at. it says e5500. theres 46000miles up on it. how much should he really get it for since there is a decline in the secondhand market. it seems spotless but i would copy the advert but i dont know how to. its from a garage in dooradoyle in limerick. also roughly how much warranty should come with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

ok theres theres a peugeot 2001 306 1.4 meridan for sale in carzone from a dealer that a friend is looking at. it says e5500. theres 46000miles up on it. how much should he really get it for since there is a decline in the secondhand market. it seems spotless but i would copy the advert but i dont know how to. its from a garage in dooradoyle in limerick. also roughly how much warranty should come with it.

3 or 5 door? The 3 door would be worth more as it'd be somewhat in demand by young fella's. Either way, it's over priced by between one and two grand. If it were the HDi 3 door then it'd be worth that money. Not the 1.4 though.
    He'll be lucky to get any warranty, maybe 6 months engine and gearbox.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

its 5 door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Looks clean for sure, just loose those tyres. Still think €3,500 would be a better asking price for it. Unless he plans to hold it for 5 or 6 years, then pay up to €4750 if he can bargain them that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I don't want to start another french car bashing thread but the 1.4 306 is not the worlds most reliable car by any means

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=295&

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€5,500 for a 7 year old petrol 306 is just daft.

This is more realistic:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/306/1.4-MERIDIAN/1059539/

ok thanks for all. another quick question what would be better long term this or the equivilant citroen xsara.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think the 306 is a nice little car. That said, I wouldn't pay more than €3,000 for a really good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ok thanks for all. another quick question what would be better long term this or the equivilant citroen xsara.

Without checking I'd imagine its the same car underneath so much of a muchness. Just comes down to which he prefers looks wise and whateach can be got for with what spec etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

The Xsara is built on the same chassis, and personally I think the 306 is much nicer looking.

I also wouldn't pay 5500 for a 01 1.4 meridian. I'd also want to verify the millage for that 01 @ 46k Miles.

I'd be looking for more around 3500 ish for a Phase 3 Meridian 1.4, regardless of the millage. If I was to spend anywhere near to 5000 on a 306, it would have to be a 2.0 HDI meridian.

I drive an almost PH3 Meridian 1.4 with half leather, as my little run about and never had any problems with the car and I maintain it my self. I find it pokier also then my 06 Leon 1.4 16v engine. It's got nearly 120K miles on the clock. I'm also venturing into changing the front suspension bushes my self this week, hopefully tightening up the front end of the car after all its got 120K.

If he's looking for a 1.4, and wants to spend the guts of 5K, I wouldn't be looking at a 306, if he is willing spend 3.5 on a 306 it should be a sound bet & make sure he gets a Meridian with half leather ( Much nicer interior and easier to sell on later.. )

Any questions just ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Peugeot looks well, nice clean car, although the price is a wee bit high. As said above.

I'd advise ringin him and seeing what he'd do on price. I'm assuming he's not trading in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

If your paying cash, then offer €4,750 but i wouldn't pay anymore then €5,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your paying cash, then offer €4,750 but i wouldn't pay anymore then €5,000.

But the car is not even worth near €4,750. As per the example I gave in my other post you can buy a similar car somewhere else for well under €4k.

thanks for all the replies more welcome

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/306/1.4-MERIDIAN/1071113/

That one for sale at brogan motors, with 58K Miles on it with Full Service History @3700 is good price for a PH3 meridian. I had my eye on it my self.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

OK lads heres how it is i sold my 2001 306 exact same model except mine had full leather seats, cd changer, automatic wipers, spotless fulll service history and only 68k for €4400 two years ago next month 5500 your being robbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stretchaq wrote: »
    OK lads heres how it is i sold my 2001 306 exact same model except mine had full leather seats, cd changer, automatic wipers, spotless fulll service history and only 68k for €4400 two years ago next month 5500 your being robbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our point exactly.

Wasn't aware there was full leather availible for any 306, possible a 306 cabriolet.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

it wasnt id say they werent the original seats!!! no leather door cards or anything rear seats were only half leather didnt really care even though it looked a bit funny front seats fitted perfect you would never no they werent the originals dont no wat they were out of this is off the mark anyway €5500 is way to dear for a 2001 306 its 2 models ago the 308 is in now you would be crazy

Advertisement