Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

GATSO van on N4 outbound

Options
  • 09-06-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, it's back again!!

Just a handy piece of information, GATSO van (white) parked up on hard shoulder with its back end facing traffic outbound.

Drivers are inclined to brake very hard when they see it, so keep an eye out in case you end up rear ending someone. I can't imagine they're catching many. If it does detect a car speeding, there are so many cars together I doubt it gets any useful pictures most of the time.

Limit is 60 kph, just about 500 metres before new traffic lights at the newcastle junction(s)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

By outbound, do you mean people heading in this direction... eg. Palmerstown > Maynooth?
    I'm guessing you're talking about the direction if you were going toward Leixlip/Maynooth but just want to clarify!

Btw cheers for the heads up! Use that stretch of road everyday! :|

- After reading my post I've probably made this even more confusing for myself and others..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

http://irishspeedtraps.com/

Report it here, or check if it already was:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Vertakill wrote: »
    By outbound, do you mean people heading in this direction... eg. Palmerstown > Maynooth?
    I'm guessing you're talking about the direction if you were going toward Leixlip/Maynooth but just want to clarify!

Btw cheers for the heads up! Use that stretch of road everyday! :|

- After reading my post I've probably made this even more confusing for myself and others..

Sorry, by outbound I mean out of the city, so yes, palmerstown out to maynooth direction.

Confusion reigns supreme!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Scottie99

It must be making a fortune! I passed it today at 60kmh and I had many cars passing me at 80/90.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I suppose its good to have it near roadworks. Before the roadworks I thought it was a very hypocritical opportunist revenue generating scam.

Just a teensy-weensy bit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Just drove by there, think its gone now, but if it wasn't it would have made a small fortune with all the cars passing me!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its been there a number of mornings this week parked up on the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

There was a bloody GATSO van just after you come out of the Port Tunnel this morning on to the N1/M1 Northbound - speed limit is 80Km/h for a good bit - I definitely ws over it.

Anyone else get done by this particular van - it's been there before from what I remember?

What is the range for the camera on it before it captures you and how long before you receive the letter in the post?

Advertisement