Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bookkeeping and PII

• 09-06-2008 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi Guys

Alot of people seem to be offering the service of Bookkeeping and I was wondering do you need PII insurance or can anyone do it. In the UK if any one is offering such a service and they are members of an Institute they need PII insurance and they need to follow other things such as maintain a cpd etc. I'm a CIMA student and know that if I want to offer a bookkeeping service I have to inform CIMA. As all people offering this service need to be supervised in the UK.

Does the same apply here.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

You are not obliged to get PII for bookkeeping but it is recommended.

Bookkepers are regulated in the UK by a professional body or Revenue for money laundering purposes, but this has not been applied in Ireland yet. It is coming though.

Advertisement