Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Purchasing a Irish Reg car in Germany

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I came across this on cbg with an a4 cabriolet and a porsche cayenne both low mileage, good condition, low price and both had pictures taken at sandymount car park. Seller couldn't provide a phone number or any contact details other than a bizarre email address. Couldn't provide any additional info on car and said it was already in storage ready to be shipped so i couldn't go to see it. Also suggested an escrow service at his shipping company but when i contacted them they said they didn't even provide that service.

Craichoe if you're selling a genuine car you should be able to provide serial and chassis numbers etc and the car should be available for people to see. You could always send it over here to a friend who could sell it onto a garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

All the best value in BMW X5 do not have telephone contacts either?
    Am I right to be suspicious?

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/X5/car/1091086/

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/X5/car/1091633/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Traumadoc wrote: »

^^ Now that's just lazy. Comes in under the £25 a day London Congestion charge:rolleyes:

Even the photo's on that say "property of autotrader.co.uk"

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daputamadre69

This guy is a total creep. i emailed re a VW toureg on Carzone. Hilarious reading the above posts as he gave me the exact same story, did his masters in Dublin recently moved back to rosberg but found the RHD too uncomfortable.He also wanted me to enter into an escrow agrrement using Iloxx.de. i emailed Iloxx and they stated that they will do transfers between Austria and Germany. I think the cops need to be informed of Mathias Ilgner and scammin and also the pictures he is using are clearly other peoples cars and he is stupid enough not to cover up the No. plates. also his email address is @yahoo.ie which suggests he has an irish IP. Just my thoughts . Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Sickening that Carzone is still listing these scams despite being informed....

When i came across one on cbg as soon as i informed they they did take it down. I think the scammer had an email like @spainmail.biz it was a fairly random name to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Shouldn't these scammers be prosecuted. I was scammed out of 800 euro last year and nothing ever happened. I think the websites should be monitoring the ads

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

How would anyone think the low prices could be for real?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bovis

Heres the same car scam again.

Same story - German guy (going by name of Christoper Friedrich) does Masters in Dublin, brings car back to Germany, umcomfortable to drive a RHD. Wants money sent via escrow to website iloxx.de

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A4/1.9-TDI/1125152/

Can I contact someone in carzone to tell them about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

please see the "if it looks like a scam it is a scam" thread

By all means report the ad to carzone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement