Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

will they give you the names of the poets/writers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

What IS coming up!

Thrust me, The Number 1 prediction for the Aiste was Corás Sláinte, and what came up on paper one?? Corás Slainte!

Clare sa spéir/Fiche Bliain ag Fás

Gealt/Jack

Oíche Nollaig na Mban/ An tOileáin

Ruraíocht/Fiannaoíocht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

thomasjad wrote: »
    will they give you the names of the poets/writers?
    yeah theyll come up in the list of questions, like, itl say (i)nuala ni dhomhnall
    (ii)maire mac an tsaoi etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 FJH

BaRcOe wrote: »
    What IS coming up!

Thrust me, The predictions I had before yesterday were Corás Sláinte, and what came up on paper one?? Corás Slainte!

Clare sa spéir/Fiche Bliain ag Fás

Gealt/Jack

Oíche Nollaig na Mban/ An tOileáin

Ruraíocht/Fiannaoíocht

To be fair nearly everyone suggested Coras Slainte was coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

FJH wrote: »
    To be fair nearly everyone suggested Coras Slainte was coming up.

thats because I told them :D And these predictions are from a top institute teacher!

Tá mé d'athair!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Paddy-Megans-Lo

Heres what im thinking:

Irish course is unpredictable, everyones knows that, but its not impossible.

For prós, cearrbhach has come up THREE years running since 05. And every year it has been asked in the mandatory section (part B) so it seems highly unlikely.
    Clare hasn't come up since 05 and bean og only came up once aswell. Lig sinn has come up twice.

My bet is on clare/fiche bliain and bean og

for ordinary poems, defo not nil aon ni cause its been asked every year for 3 years running, just like cearrbhach.Jack has also been asked twice

so my safe gamble is on gealt and bimse..

Triail, your guess is as good as mine, an triail is quite general, your often able to intertwine a good few characters in each answer and for every answer i do i stick in the brief theme of the whole play anyway (cant hurt).

finally for stair, 406 2fm said:

AISLING PHOLATUIL
    FIANNAIOCHT/RURAIOCHT
    FILIOCHT NA MBARD
    AN TAMHRAN
    GAELTACHTAI
    OGHAM

Heres what im thinking:

for ordinary poems, defo not nil aon ni cause its been asked every year for 3 years running, just like cearrbhach.Jack has also been asked twice

o searcaigh wont come up, far too much controversy altogether,thered be uproar id say...

i figure gealt, oiche nollaig na mban, an maithir and bimse

clare sa speir, an bhean og, fiche bliain ag fas..

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

Would they put Ruraiocht and Fianniaocht in the same year?
    Thats kinda like putting scoileanna na mbard and filiocht na mbard.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

o searcaigh wont come up, far too much controversy altogether,thered be uproar id say...

i figure gealt, oiche nollaig na mban, an maithir and bimse

clare sa speir, an bhean og, fiche bliain ag fas..

that came out after the papers were set

(according to any teachers I've asked)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

BaRcOe wrote: »
    thats because I told them :D And these predictions are from a top institute teacher!

Tá mé d'athair!

What's ur auld fella thinkin for ord level irish buddy? Are the pro's and poetry that come up in higher the same that come up on the ord level papar, n just different questions asked?

• Advertisement

Nanaki wrote: »
    that came out after the papers were set

(according to any teachers I've asked)

yeah,still though, the documentary was in the making long beforehand, i mean, i could be wrong, but id say the commission knew about it before setting it...

maybe not, but the examiners will have some heap of paedo-bashing to get through if he does come up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Knuffel

All i know is that if Oiche Nollaig doesn't come up i'm royally f*cked for the higher level poem!

panic stations!!

anyone want to give a quick run through padraig mac carthaigh?
    also, anything on minor characters ? - sean, liam, maili... is that aine ni bhreasail 1 important?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Knuffel

I woldn't 'thrust' you with anything.

Advertisement