Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange occurance

Options
  • 09-06-2008 5:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    First post. I guess I have always had an interest in paranormal (since Authur C. Clarkes Mysterious World many moons ago).

Something quite weird happened to my girlfriend one night while I was out of the country on business. She was asleep when she was woken by the feeling of someone "smashing their arm into the matress below her feet". The first one woke her and as she sat up, she felt another 2. Right after this, she saw the face of a haggered woman in the corner of the room, close to the ceiling. To this day, she is nervous about being left alone at night in the apartment.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    First post. I guess I have always had an interest in paranormal (since Authur C. Clarkes Mysterious World many moons ago).

Something quite weird happened to my girlfriend one night while I was out of the country on business. She was asleep when she was woken by the feeling of someone "smashing their arm into the matress below her feet". The first one woke her and as she sat up, she felt another 2. Right after this, she saw the face of a haggered woman in the corner of the room, close to the ceiling. To this day, she is nervous about being left alone at night in the apartment.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this?
    Hypnagogic/hypnopompic experience.

As a general rule, any experience of paranormal or supernatural sounds or images in or around the boundaries of sleep are most sensibly explained as unusual dream states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

have you ever heard of the stories of incubus or succubus??? supposedly demons who visit you in your sleep(i think that is..)?? probably just sleep paralysis though she might be worried about something??

Yeah the haggered old woman is very common. I suffer from sleep paralysis myself but i never get the old woman. I even try to will it while its happening but no luck.
    The thing about it is , science has explained why it sleep paralysis but they can explain why the same person is re-accuring with people.

I have also heart diet has alot to play with it. Especially chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Yeah once you understand its sleep paralysis, its not so scary

Now anytime im falling asleep lyin on my back, if I get the feeling of being pulled back, i sit up and move on my side and it goes away

my first one was horrible. I had a dream i could hear screaming from far away, and as i "woke" it turned into heavy breathing beside me, then a ghost got into my bed and put its arm around me
    [thats when I felt the crazy chest pressure]
    I was actually right beside the wall, but thought I was on the outside of me bed, and the ghost got in between me and the wall

another time i saw a shadowy figure at my drawers but i couldnt close my eyes

it really is the most scary thing you can experience

A friend of mine see's the shadowy figure at the end of the bed. Not only that but the figure puts a knife into his foot!!
    Other times he actually leave's his body and flys around the estate.

The thing is he is a complete skeptic. Actually i tell a lie, he is a non believer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement