Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junk Mail in Amazon Parcel

Options
  • 09-06-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this belongs here, if this is even strictly a 'consumer issue', (should this be in the Literature forum?) but a package arrived for me today from Amazon with three books I ordered from them. All well and good. It also contained two items of unsolicited mail - one from a charity, the other from the Open University. Just wondering have Amazon always been doing this, or how long has it being going on for. It doesn't really bother me that much receiving the letters, it's just another two items for the recycling pile really - and in fairness, if advertising like this keeps the cost of books/dvds down at my end I suppose I'm all for it. What are other people's thoughts on this form of advertising? It's one way to circumvent those NO JUNK MAIL PLEASE signs people have above their letter boxes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I always get them with Amazon orders too. It's not a new thing. I don't even take them out of the box any more. The whole lot goes for recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Play and cdwow often send some flyers as well. It's not uncommon and while it's annoying, they just go straight into the advertising bin.

Advertisement