Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magazine Help for Thompson

Options
  • 09-06-2008 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Very strange problem. Well first off I am new to this whole thing, and I went and bought a $200 Thompson Aeg. It has a high cap mag. I filled it up and it shot fine for about a clip or two then randomly stopped. I noticed a small little wheel on the bottom of the clip that i had no idea what it was for.

I found out it was for winding up the bb's so i started doing that. Well after a few reloads the clip stopped shooting out bb's. I wound it up, until it clicked, but the spring wont release and push the bb's into the gun. I unloaded the clip, so now its sitting here with it all wound up, and nothing in it.

I put more bb's in manually until its full, put it in the gun...nothing. when i try and wind it up it makes that clicking sound.

Someone please help me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

May be an issue with the main spring inside the mag.

Try emptying the mag, there is a small slider at the top of the mag, it presses forward to prevent bbs popping out when the mag is out of the gun.

Push this manually to release the bb's, then remove all the bb's in the main well.

Turn the wheel a bit, more bbs should go into the feed tube, let them fall via gravity and push the slider again to release them.

The mag is now completely empty, the spring should be unwound.

Pour bb's in the well again, wind the wheel, bb's should begin to feed into the main feed tube, reaching the slider, continue to wind now and you will tension the spring.
    Push the slider and a fountain off bb's should come out, if it doesn't, then the mag is faulty, and you have tried every option bar home repair.

If it is faulty, contact the seller or store you got it from.

Where did you get it?

I notice the price is in dollars, did you import?

Advertisement