Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad show komplett.ie

Options
  • 09-06-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭

I've placed about fifty orders with komplett.ie.

I used to get their 'Weekly Offer email' every week - and I could have a look at what they currently had on offer at the time. After a while I found that I really didn't want to be informed of their latest offers and I decided to unsubscribe from the mailing list. This went grand - no more emails.

Then out of nowhere about 6 months later I start getting these emails again - not requested by me nor with my consent.
    I noticed the emails had started again but didn't think too much about it until today when I tried to unsuscribe from the mailing list. There is a link in the email to your account page where you can 'Manage Mailing Lists'. I clicked on this link and spent 5 minutes examining my account for 'Manage Mailing Lists' to no avail. I then realise it's not there, and I can't unsubscribe from their mailing list without sending them an email. This is really unacceptable.
    I then start to wonder how my email address got back on this mailing list anyway - without my prior permission or consent - especially as I had deliberately removed myself from this list previously. The more I thought about it, the angrier I got about their obvious disregard for my privacy.

Does anyone else consider this over aggressive marketing or am I over-reacting?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement