Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generator

Options
  • 09-06-2008 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi all,

Got this from a customer of mine today he has to run the machine off a generator as he does not have 3 phase in his yard question is what size generator would i need to buy?????

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

What is the load?? Am I correct in saying it is 180kW (2 x 90kW)???

What is the power factor??

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

These are the only details i was given presume thats all he has. seems it only has two motors both 90Kw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

moose112 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Got this from a customer of mine today he has to run the machine off a generator as he does not have 3 phase in his yard question is what size generator would i need to buy?????

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not too familiar with the M&J 1000S, having only used machines from their much larger range. In fact I thought the 1000S was a single shaft machine. However, to run 2 x 90 kw 3ph you will need a very big generator with something like a 260hp engine, and even that will grunt a bit when you first turn the M&J on unless you use a soft start.

Advertisement