Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish OL Paper 2.

Options
  • 09-06-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

any predictions on which stories will come up?

I'm confident on Fiche Bhlian ag Fás and Lá Bui Bealtaine........I'll do An Cearrbhach as well.....

Would those be enough?
    ie. will you always have a choice of these ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CCFC_Rebel

my irish teacher was saying today maybe lig sinn i gcathu would come up
    so might study that tonight aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

CCFC_Rebel wrote: »
    my irish teacher was saying today maybe lig sinn i gcathu would come up
    so might study that tonight aswell
    yeah, but there's always an option of 4 or 5.....just wondering if these are always a choice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 crazy-cooke

ya lig si i gcathu or la bui na bealtaine wud be my guess!!!!!! nil aon ni, jack or gealt as the peom!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

At the moment I'm pretty comfortable with Jack, Nil aon Ni, Faoiseamh and Gealt.

For the stories I know Cearrbhach, An Bhean og. I think I need to learn a few more stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LowEndFreq

Yeah, Jack seems to be a good one to come up.. hasn't come up for two years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Not looking forward to tomorrow at all , Dont really kno Cearrbhach at all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ClaireLe

hey i just dropped 2 pass irish 2day nd hav no idea wat d layout of paper 2 or anytin is like... can anybody help me???? eek.gif

I am pass since i started 5th year, and still dont have a clue about the paper.... lol

ClaireLe wrote: »
    hey i just dropped 2 pass irish 2day nd hav no idea wat d layout of paper 2 or anytin is like... can anybody help me???? eek.gif

your doin the 'cursa ainmithe' i assume......... you will have Two Q's one on a poem and one on another peom....... next you have the stories... you will have to write out a bit or all of the story stated....Two stories u will ave to do...... YOU WILL BE FINE!!!!!! BESIDES ITS ONLY PASS IRISH!!!!hope that helps!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Poetry is grand. You can bull your way through it because it's given to you, and just need a general jist of it.
    Pro's on other hand...
    As long as you're not couting it for points it's grand.
    Paper 2 isnt worth that much..not even half.

• Advertisement

BESIDES ITS ONLY PASS IRISH!!!!hope that helps!!!

Its "Only" pass ... get off ur high horse, not everyone is brilliant at irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

18%!!! Thats even less than the aural!!!

Blitz17 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to tomorrow at all , Dont really kno Cearrbhach at all :(

I've got some quick notes on cearrbhach if you need some help. They just give you general jist of story, the achainí etc.... and its in pretty much basic enough irish. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ClaireLe

awh thanks a million.. great help! i cudn even write a sentence in higher so i prob wont b able for pass either... heres hopin i'm as good at wafflin in irish as i am in english

Its "Only" pass ... get off ur high horse, not everyone is brilliant at irish!

listen...... i was only tryin to help!!!!!!i do pass as well and i failed my pre.......i understand your stressed about the exams as all of us are but thats no reason to make me feel bad about tryin to help u!

I've got some quick notes on cearrbhach if you need some help. They just give you general jist of story, the achainí etc.... and its in pretty much basic enough irish. :)

Would appreciate that big time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

any chance you could post 'em up here?

Thanks.

listen...... i was only tryin to help!!!!!!i do pass as well and i failed my pre.......i understand your stressed about the exams as all of us are but thats no reason to make me feel bad about tryin to help u!

Sorry, i thought u were putting it across as "Ohh its only pass, anyone can do that" kinda way

I failed my pre, and more then likely will fail this

And bout the stress thing.... far from it , dont see the point in bein like that over an exam

I live my days/nights/weekends as i use to :)

SRFC90 wrote: »
    18%!!! Thats even less than the aural!!!

its stupid....so much effort....and its only worth 18%.........ridiculous......and none of the stories make any sense!

Sorry, i thought u were putting it across as "Ohh its only pass, anyone can do that" kinda way

I failed my pre, and more then likely will fail this

And bout the stress thing.... far from it , dont see the point in bein like that over an exam

I live my days/nights/weekends as i use to :)

no bother......u wont fail it either id say.....cuz they mark it fairly. im in the same boat as u id say...... i finish on thursday with biolgy cant wait!!!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

jack, bimse buan, lig sin i gcathu and clare sa speir.
    as far as i've gotten so far.
    revisewise saved my life, makes it sooooo basic :D

Would appreciate that big time :)

Well I'll type them out, it'll be study for me. :)

So I'll PM them to you and anyone else who wants them. Should have them done in about 40 minutes or so. Just need to find them now. :rolleyes:

no bother......u wont fail it either id say.....cuz they mark it fairly. im in the same boat as u id say...... i finish on thursday with biolgy cant wait!!!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Finished thursday aswell, and bout me failing, dont think i can avoid it now to be honest, after finding out paper 2 is only worth 18% :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

you one on 2fm was tipping "lig sinn i gcathu" big time.

not sure if she was talking about ordinary or higher at one stage but mentioned "an bhean og" as likely too but "Cearbhach" as less like likely.
    hope that helps :cool:

Finished thursday aswell, and bout me failing, dont think i can avoid it now to be honest, after finding out paper 2 is only worth 18% :mad::mad:

u do biolgy ya?????? how u sorted!!????ahhhhhh....u wont fail.....seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

ya lig si i gcathu or la bui na bealtaine wud be my guess!!!!!! nil aon ni, jack or gealt as the peom!!!!!!

I can 100% guarantee you that Nil Aon Ni will not come up.
    This is because of all the controversy about the poet Cathal O Searcaigh.

Story: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/boys-were-damaged-by-sex-trysts-with-poet-1286378.html

Jack and Gealt are my picks for paper II.

u do biolgy ya?????? how u sorted!!????ahhhhhh....u wont fail.....seriously

Biology isnt really a strong subject of mine either.... :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Weren't the questions for the papers set a good while before all that controversy happened? I was told not to rely on that just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 N03L R3V

hey SmashingPilot would i be able to get a copy of the irish notes ya got.... thx appreciate it

• Advertisement

Biology isnt really a strong subject of mine either.... :(:(

how many points u need???

Advertisement