Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the fastest car with CO2 emissions of between 171 and 190grams per kilometre?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

and of course a 08 registered now would be worth more than a 08 registered in july because of this i reckon

or at least an easier sell in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ok Calm down Guys......I'm just looking for an evo alternative....forget about price & whether I can afford the road tax.....that's not my original question......

28 Posts and 3 Answers - Ye'd never make it in the traffic core lads;)

So far we have the:

#Ariel Atom - Wins best suggestion as it's the only petrol mentioned so far!!!
    #Audi TT
    #Bmw 3 Series

Come on there must be more cars out there....

Ok Calm down Guys......I'm just looking for an evo alternative....forget about price & whether I can afford the road tax.....that's not my original question......

So far we have the:

#Audi TT
    #Bmw 3 Series

only petrol out of the three

...apart from the TT ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Just buy what you want, dont pay the motor tax and move to Cavan:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cyrus wrote: »
    only petrol out of the three

...apart from the TT ;)

My mistake presumed it was a Diesel, there is a diesel TT coming?

TT - Now Winning by a country mile!!

• Advertisement

there is :rolleyes:

heresy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

My mistake presumed it was a Diesel, there is a diesel TT coming?

TT - Now Winning by a country mile!!

You haven't answered why you can't buy the Evo now though, which is actually the answer to your problem, if not necessarily your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Biro wrote: »
    You haven't answered why you can't buy the Evo now though, which is actually the answer to your problem, if not necessarily your question.

Are there any brand new Evo's currently available for delievery pre July 1st. If so and that's what he wants then he should just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

i imagine the car manufacturers will be pre-regging a few of the cars going to loose out to the new vrt rules prior to July 1st so they acn sell them on post July.

they do this quite a bit in the UK so that they can give big discounts on cars without giving the discounts on new cars.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

So far we have the:

#Audi TT
    #Bmw 3 Series

you said at the start you wanted an Evo, now you want an alternative!

i answered by saying buy the evo, whats stopping you.

the evo i mentioned is petrol.

i think you dont know what you want yet and the best advice would be to go test drive all the cars your thinking of because your the one spending the money, and your the one that has to live with it everyday so its about how you feel in the car.

an E46 M3 wins hands down for me but that might not be what you like.
    best of luck and hope you get something nice.

• Advertisement

WHITE_P wrote: »
    Are there any brand new Evo's currently available for delievery pre July 1st. If so and that's what he wants then he should just go for it.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mitsubishi/Lancer/EVO-X/1068380/

might not be to everybodies colour taste.
    but im sure between all the garages in the country there would be one out there somewhere to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

kceire wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mitsubishi/Lancer/EVO-X/1068380/

might not be to everybodies colour taste.
    but im sure between all the garages in the country there would be one out there somewhere to buy.

jesus that is a fair ugly car!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Cyrus wrote: »
    he has asked for opinions and he has got them and i didnt notice any begrudgery?

I wasn't suggesting that there was any begrudgery in the replies he got, but I'm sure there are those out there who would begrudge him for having an 08 Evo, or any of the other cars mentioned.

You could say that our Motor Tax system is a form of state sponsered begrudgery, when you consider that the majority of really desireable cars on our roads are in the higher tax brackets, and have been for years now.

The OP is right to consider the running costs when it comes to choosing what car to buy, but if he can afford to buy an Evo, surely he can afford the running costs, road tax included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

WHITE_P wrote: »
    I wasn't suggesting that there was any begrudgery in the replies he got, but I'm sure there are those out there who would begrudge him for having an 08 Evo, or any of the other cars mentioned.

You could say that our Motor Tax system is a form of state sponsered begrudgery, when you consider that the majority of really desireable cars on our roads are in the higher tax brackets, and have been for years now.

The OP is right to consider the running costs when it comes to choosing what car to buy, but if he can afford to buy an Evo, surely he can afford the running costs, road tax included.

Especially since €2,000 a year is paltry compared to the fuel bill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Forgot about the TT-S DSG, holy crap that's impressive:eek:!

Anything out there that can beat it and does less than 190 g/km?

Biro wrote: »
    Especially since €2,000 a year is paltry compared to the fuel bill!

600 if he buys before July though which makes it alot more affordable.
    very low mpg if driven hard and maybe 20 if driven with a bit of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

E92 wrote: »
    Forgot about the TT-S DSG, holy crap that's impressive:eek:!

Anything out there that can beat it and does less than 190 g/km?

And because of the CO2 advantage the price of the S-Tronic is lower than the manual :)

And it does look so yummy :cool:

media.jpgmedia2.jpg
    media23.jpgmedia3.jpg

conneem-TT wrote: »
    And because of the CO2 advantage the price of the S-Tronic is lower than the manual :)

And it does look so yummy :cool:

media.jpgmedia2.jpg
    media23.jpgmedia3.jpg

not bad, not bad at all :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Go with the evo if you can - about 3 sec an average lap quicker than the 335i.
    If you are going to buy a performance car, you may as well buy a performance car.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

cancan wrote: »
    Go with the evo if you can - about 3 sec an average lap quicker than the 335i.
    If you are going to buy a performance car, you may as well buy a performance car.....
    even if its ugly?

op that TT looks nice, do you have a family?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Jeez those alloys on the TT are mank. Ninja or what. And anyway, aren't TT's for nonces?:D

4 exhaust pipes at the back, and I see it has 2 on the front, below the headlights. Must be a diesel!:D

nonces :D lol

Advertisement