Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Options, options...

• 09-06-2008 7:22pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else in this position?

I took a job with a small company, less than 20 in my office and it's just a five month contract. Wages arent great but wanted to get started working and it's good/relevant experience, and I started with some other people the same age/qualifications etc. Happy enough, if completely un-challenged.

But I am still chasing three other jobs, and I think if I get offered any of them I will leave this job. But the problem is some are available in 5 months and some might be available tomorrow, if I do an interview type thing.

Okay, so one side of me says its bad to let down the company I started with but the other side is very challenged and unsure which options to take. I dont really want to specify in case current/potential employers read... :D

Anyone else "suffering" having too much choice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

What's important to you is the key.

More money for the same work is great. More money for a job you won't enjoy as much is difficult to qualify.

Not in your boat just yet, still working on me PhD. (15 months or so to go)

ARHGHHHHHH

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Just off the phone to my mam, she told me to get my priorities in order. Lol... I was like, THATS what I am having trouble with, which is more important to me??! Choice is good though.

Advertisement