Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Im also moving from Vodafone... I dont think the tariffs are that great but I certainly think the subsidised prices are good value. And ive wanted an iPhone since they came out.. I wont wait forever!

Was up in an 02 store last night and he said that even if you dont preregister there will be loads of stock n certain sotres so you will probably be able to get one on the day.. i'll be pre registering though ;)

Also he said you just need to bring a 50 euro deposit and photo id to pre register. And of course then when you properly sign up for your contract youve to bring your proof of address and direct debit details.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

It's pre-register day!
    Who's going to make the jump/take the plunge?
    I'm moving from Vodafone to O2, hope it's not a mistake....:confused:
    Anyone else moving networks for the iPhone?

I'm already on O2, but i'll be pre-ordering today for sure.

Still can't decide if i should go with the black or white model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

jcrowbar wrote: »

Still can't decide if i should go with the black or white model.

Will they be giving a choice? Often networks will only be supplied with one colour option.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

Anyone got any idea at what time the pre-order will be available online today ?

Have to say, 02 are very bad at communicating anything to do with the 3G iPhone....especially for the amount of people moving from other networks to 02 just for the new iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

I want to pre-register today...but I read on the o2 forum that if you pre-reg online it will be posted out to you on the 11th (so you'll get it on monday 14th).
    Might be a better idea to go to a store instead so I can pick one up in a shop after work on the 11th. Not quite sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

digitaldr wrote: »
    Will they be giving a choice? Often networks will only be supplied with one colour option.

I'll be amazed, and pissed, if they don't.

In other words, count on it.

The white option is only available on the 16gb model however.

I want to pre-register today...but I read on the o2 forum that if you pre-reg online it will be posted out to you on the 11th (so you'll get it on monday 14th).
    Might be a better idea to go to a store instead so I can pick one up in a shop after work on the 11th. Not quite sure.

I hope that you can also pre-order online and collect in-store if this is the case. I would expect that if you pre-order today, that when the phone is out on the 11th, you would receive it that day.

irishj wrote: »
    I hope that you can also pre-order online and collect in-store if this is the case. I would expect that if you pre-order today, that when the phone is out on the 11th, you would receive it that day.

I'm not sure if you can, I have raised a question on the O2 forum but they haven't woken up to moderate it yet. I might give O2 a ring if I have the time.

Let us know if you get any useful information, such as the info above or even when they plan on accepting pre-orders on their site....it's nearly 12pm and still no sign of it.....what are they doing over in 02 ?? Doesn't inspire confidence when moving from another operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HeadBangersBall

Let us know if you get any useful information, such as the info above or even when they plan on accepting pre-orders on their site....it's nearly 12pm and still no sign of it.....what are they doing over in 02 ?? Doesn't inspire confidence when moving from another operator.

You would think they would be shouting it from the roof tops! but they haven't even changed the link to the "buy iPhone". It's still pointing to the "old" iPhone!! the only information (outside the forum) they have points to a press release, which is old news now!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Pre ordering has now been changed to july 5th

Pre ordering has now been changed to july 5th

Where have you seen / heard this ?

Just checked the 02 website and still saying 1st July everywhere :confused:

Just checked the 02 forum and according to a moderator there "Mary", the stores are ready now for pre-orders. No update on website pre-order yet.

Hi

I've rang a few stores now & they are all up & running to take the pre-orders

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=281&page=41

Yeah, not seeing July 5th anywhere... I am going to ring one of the shops in a couple of hours to check (unless I hear otherwise)

Maybe the O2 stores are getting pre-register exclusivity??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I just pre-ordered in Carphone Warehouse on Grafton St.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DishonestPikey

Why does it need to be pre-ordered? there was no hype for the last one and unlikely for this one either (bad tarrifs and lack of demand for the features). I'm expecting to walk in and get one on the day.....or should I pre-order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Enquired in CPW on North Earl Street about preordering and got...
    ahhhh theres no need.....we're gonna have loads

Was pretty miffed by the over prompt response so in an attempt to wake the kid up, i asked what was the official release date. He replied....
    Errrrrrr.....July errrrr?!?!? (stares at ceiling).......14th

:rolleyes:

Why does it need to be pre-ordered? there was no hype for the last one and unlikely for this one either (bad tarrifs and lack of demand for the features). I'm expecting to walk in and get one on the day.....or should I pre-order?

Apple is releasing the iPhone in 22 countries on the 11th. This "pre-register" thingy might be a tool by O2 to gauge interest in the iPhone and by doing so they will be able to put in a more accurate order for the handsets, so as they don't end up with a warehouse full of stock that's slow to move (Like previous model).
    OR??

CJackson wrote: »
    Enquired in CPW on North Earl Street about preordering and got...

Was pretty miffed by the over prompt response so in an attempt to wake the kid up, i asked what was the official release date. He replied....

:rolleyes:

Typical:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I have just pre-ordered mine now in 02 Limerick, I am happy :).

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DishonestPikey

Apple is releasing the iPhone in 22 countries on the 11th. This "pre-register" thingy might be a tool by O2 to gauge interest in the iPhone and by doing so they will be able to put in a more accurate order for the handsets, so as they don't end up with a warehouse full of stock that's slow to move (Like previous model).
    OR??

mmm. didn't think these marketing gimicks worked outside of the US! Don't believe the hype. I'll bet my pants on there being plenty in stock on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Anyone know if they have a lot of stock left over from the first version?

Anyone think the will do knock down prices on these? Or make them available out of contract?

2PM now and still no change to the 02 website !!!!

They do know they are supposed to be offering pre-orders via their website today, right ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 30knots

If i were you id pre-order quick, man that bargain cant last long, and you only have to regret it for 18 months :rolleyes:

Just goes to show i guess that they can offer the Irish any old crap and we lap it up. And who says the economy is in recession :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Any word on wether pay as you go option for the iphone will be available in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

R0ot wrote: »
    Any word on wether pay as you go option for the iphone will be available in ireland?

There seems to be little information available today from 02....the most information is on their website forums, which you need to be a customer to use, which in itself is stupid if you ask me.

Still no update on the 02 website about iPhone pre-order....now 3:45 !!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭OgreSwamp

I pre-ordered it today in Dun Laoghaire O2 Store. Actually they just write your name into notebook.
    Salesman told me that it will be 14/07.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

30knots wrote: »
    If i were you id pre-order quick, man that bargain cant last long, and you only have to regret it for 18 months :rolleyes:

Just goes to show i guess that they can offer the Irish any old crap and we lap it up. And who says the economy is in recession :confused:

Agree 100%

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement