Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Rob_I: Look the iPhone is great piece of kit but I don't fancy standing outside in the rain and cold just to get a phone. It's not the second coming despite what some may think: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/08/canadian_apple_stores_wont_sell_3g_iphone/

Apple and the mobile phone carriers are manufacturing this hype surrounding the 3G version to shift more units. Sales of the iPhone in Europe have been slow to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

icianom wrote: »
    It's out now, go to macrumors.com.

Software update is telling me I have the latest version (1.1.4)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 burtisgood

you need to download the .ipsw file and run it manually I believe

this link taken from Engadget site http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-4955.20080710.bgt53/iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭icianom

It's not technicially available yet, updating will tell u that ur version is correct. Just go to that site and direct download the update and follow the instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

omg lol
    Originally Posted by DJ_Spider
    Which branch was that? I am on the list at the Carphone Whorehouse in Northside, but might risk going to the city about 10:30am and wait for thier delivery!

LOL what a typo

now to get back on topic

Im actually getting that tariff off O2 called O2 clear 50 without any contracts etc
    But first to get it sim free of ebay.

Couldn't really care less if i get it tomorrow or 2 months from now so... yeah

• Advertisement

burtisgood wrote: »
    you need to download the .ipsw file and run it manually I believe

this link taken from Engadget site http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-4955.20080710.bgt53/iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

Updating now, fingers crossed, will report progress!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jpfahy.. are on a legit iPhone? Make sure you are..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56524211#post56524211

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

silvine wrote: »
    Rob_I: Look the iPhone is great piece of kit but I don't fancy standing outside in the rain and cold just to get a phone. It's not the second coming despite what some may think: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/08/canadian_apple_stores_wont_sell_3g_iphone/

Apple and the mobile phone carriers are manufacturing this hype surrounding the 3G version to shift more units. Sales of the iPhone in Europe have been slow to date.

that link appears to have absolutely nothing to do with whether the phone is good or not :confused:
    It is only to do with the contracts offered in Canada.

Rogers in canada have also offered 6GB for $30 as an add on to that deal since anyway.

basquille wrote: »
    jpfahy.. are on a legit iPhone? Make sure you are..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56524211#post56524211

Thanks, yes I am, Its completed and just syncing now..........

Sync taking ages but phone shows in iTunes as 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Big stock issues in 02 limerick.

Booked my "Black" 16gb iphone, guess what , none available. I was the 7th person on the list, absolute cock.

SO P!SSED RIGHT NOW.

• Advertisement

The Samaritans have brought in extra staff to deal with the expected surge in calls from people who are suicidal because they didn't get an iPhone on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

The itunes remote is really good and free!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

I rang the Samaritans to pre-book my counselling and they said they are only comforting people on a first come first serve basis. Their advice to people feeling suicidal is to remain suicidal until a later date when they expect to have more staff available to support you.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

jpfahy wrote: »
    The Samaritans have brought in extra staff to deal with the expected surge in calls from people who are suicidal because they didn't get an iPhone on launch day

surely there is no way to call them without a 3G iphone to do so???

matchthis wrote: »
    The itunes remote is really good and free!

I agree, fantastic for Mac Minis used as media centres

Jesus, I'm such a Mac fanboy now! Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I agree, fantastic for Mac Minis used as media centres

Jesus, I'm such a Mac fanboy now! Sad

I was thinking the same but doesn't the remote only control iTunes? So it wouldn't really work to control the Mac when playing a DVD or using FrontRow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Van Zuylen wrote: »
    Big stock issues in 02 limerick.

Booked my "Black" 16gb iphone, guess what , none available. I was the 7th person on the list, absolute cock.

SO P!SSED RIGHT NOW.

Ya, I was speaking with a girl in o2 in the cresent, said they don't have enough for the pre-orders. Going to be two weeks before any more come into stock.

Dman001 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same but doesn't the remote only control iTunes? So it wouldn't really work to control the Mac when playing a DVD or using FrontRow.

gonna try it now, just updating itunes on my mini

pushes email to my .Mac on the phone

Doesn't control Front Row but does a good job in iTunes on the Media Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think the Apple Remote only does iTunes and Apple TV, for now anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got mine set for tomorrow. Just the 8gig version. Don't need more than that. Shall pick it up tomorrow afternoon sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

Am I right in thinking the 8gb will be freely available 2moro? i prebooked mine last on July 1st in dundrum 02!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭bg

bg wrote: »
    Do i have to be eligable for an upgrade to buy the new gen 3g Iphone on O2. ??? I upgraded to a n95 8gb 3months ago....?? thinking of getting an Iphone now it has 3g..

Anyone have any idea???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

If you prebooked you should be OK (lucky focker!)

First customers in the world now have their new iphones. .

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4614699a28.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Carphone Whorehouse in Grafton Street has about 30 phones and is going to open at 8am! I will be there at 7:30am! Anyone wanna join me for breakfast/coffee first? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Where'd you get your info DJ_Spider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Carphone Whorehouse in Grafton Street has about 30 phones and is going to open at 8am! I will be there at 7:30am! Anyone wanna join me for breakfast/coffee first? :P

I tried to pre order one from there and they said they would call me when they had stock numbers in etc. . .I havn't had a phone call yet ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

pushes email to my .Mac on the phone

Doesn't control Front Row but does a good job in iTunes on the Media Centre.
    Cheers. Hopefully it will get FrontRow controlls in future updates, maybe even a FrontRow interface on the iPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

I tried without success to see what time the O2 shop I'm purchasing from is opening tomorrow - must have rang 20 times this afternoon and they wouldn't answer. Rang customer care in the end. I was vaguely told 9:30. Oh you gotta love O2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

digitaldr wrote: »
    Where'd you get your info DJ_Spider?

Called the shop in St Stephens' green, they said they would open the grafton st shop at 8am. Then tried calling the grafton st one, got through to the CSR dept, they said they were getting about 30 phones. I want the 8Gb black one so you lot can have the 16Gb black or white ones OK?! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement