Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭bg

will it support youtube? or real video web videos???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I posted this in the other iPhone thread but I thoiught I would post it here too. 2.0 is unlocked already:
    http://gizmodo.com/5023971/iphone-os-20-unlocked-yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Oneredarmy

I got a call from O2 Baggot Street this afternoon. Bad news, no 16gb black as I pre-ordered, good news, I can have a white one.

I'm particular, but not that particular.

Very helpful guy advised me to stay well away from the store in the morning and pick it up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

So does anybody know if all the CPW's are open at 8am or 9am or what the story is?
    Thought I saw somewhere that the Grafton is open at 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Dman001 wrote: »
    I posted this in the other iPhone thread but I thoiught I would post it here too. 2.0 is unlocked already:
    http://gizmodo.com/5023971/iphone-os-20-unlocked-yes

saw that just there. tomorrow we should have a slew of youtube videos confirming this, as well as a handy app for one-click hax0r.

this news simply means that i'll buy my phone as soon as the retail chains have enough stock (and by retail chains, i of course mean ebay)

w00t :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

anyone know if any CPW stores are opening before 9 besides the grafton st one?

saw that just there. tomorrow we should have a slew of youtube videos confirming this, as well as a handy app for one-click hax0r.

this news simply means that i'll buy my phone as soon as the retail chains have enough stock (and by retail chains, i of course mean ebay)

w00t :D
    Expect to pay alot on Ebay for one. Is €45 the lowest monthly contract or is there a lower one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Have to say I'd love one. But can't justify the cost either of the tariff, or a phone thats lacking some basic features I use a lot. But if I could I'd be getting one.

Expect to pay alot on Ebay for one. Is €45 the lowest monthly contract or is there a lower one?

with the last iphone once stocks were good it was pretty much retail price on ebay.

the issue with it is a lot of customers just don't want the hassle of updating/jailbreaking etc.

But that was when they were available at the Apple Store and you didn't have to activate it in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

I've downloaded and installed Software V2.0 onto my 1st Gen iPhone.
    Push email is good.
    When entering passwords the phone now shows you the last digit typed, which is handy.

Had a good look around the App Store. Games aren't available on the irish store atm but there are a wealth of Apps available, a lot of them for free!

most amazing so far is Shazam:
    Play any music into your iphone and it identifies the Song, Artist, Album, etc. and gives you the option to buy in iTunes. So you are sitting in the waiting room and a song comes on...........
    It really works

Also great (and free) is NearPics: Checks where you are and shows you all the photos tagged nearby by google maps. Really impressive for a free app.

Remote control for iTunes: does exactly what it says on the can

VoiceNotes: Dictaphone App - handy

Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola should be afraid, very afraid

But that was when they were available at the Apple Store and you didn't have to activate it in store.

i doubt ebay sellers who had 15 iphones queued up and paid for their phones in an apple store etc. chances are they know "people" somewhere along the distribution line and buying the phones there...

jpfahy wrote: »
    Push email is good.
    When entering passwords the phone now shows you the last digit typed, which is handy.

Had a good look around the App Store. Games aren't available on the irish store atm but there are a wealth of Apps available, a lot of them for free!

Play any music into your iphone and it identifies the Song, Artist, Album, etc. and gives you the option to buy in iTunes. So you are sitting in the waiting room and a song comes on...........
    It really works

Also great (and free) is NearPics: Checks where you are and shows you all the photos tagged nearby by google maps. Really impressive for a free app.

I noticed how there were no ganes on iTunes aswell. Is there video playlists and video playback in portrait mode on 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

2.0 also has the ability to read sim contacts. Settings - mail, contacts, etc. and down at the bottom "Import SIM Contacts" makes everything a lil bit more easy :D

I noticed how there were no ganes on iTunes aswell. Is there video playlists and video playback in portrait mode on 2.0?

No and No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Can you access your online banking and skype on these?

BostonB wrote: »
    Can you access your online banking and skype on these?

I searched for Skype in the App store and there are no matches.
    Accessed my online banking successfully no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

does anyone know if i go and buy the iphone tomorrow, activate and then cancel the contract in 4-5 days how much the cancellation fee would be to keep the phone and all ? please pm if i can actually do this as the thread is longer than longcat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 der-irische

Yeah, you have to pay the remainder of your line rental, which I think is the monthly fee. So if you buy the cheapest plan (45€/m) that's 810€ you need to give to O2.

Not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

If anyone wants to meet me to queue outside CWH in Grafton Street this morning, they are opening at 8am! Check here for my mobile number and send me a txt. Might even buy you a coffee!

They are getting about 30 units I was told by the head office! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

About 5 hours to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,023 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

jpfahy wrote: »
    Push email is good.

It really works

lol nice apps but nothing there that hasn't been out on symbian nokia's for ages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

It's impressive that you can now look up names in your phonebook by selecting the first letter. A fantastic functionality imbedded already in any other phones since the year dot....

It's a pitty that you can't read anything on the display full with fingerprints. But hey, maybe Apple is inventing something very crazy in the near future - A KEYBOARD with real buttons!!!

;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

It's a pitty that you can't read anything on the display full with fingerprints. But hey, maybe Apple is inventing something very crazy in the near future - A KEYBOARD with real buttons!!!

;):D
    Most of us in here wash ourselves.... so dirty finger prints has never been a problem for me over the past 8-9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 burtisgood

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

burtisgood wrote: »

hah ! It is the 02 website afterall....i would have been surprised if it was working as it should have been at 9am....cowboys !

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

It's working now.....kind of......lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I heard that a payg version of the 3g iphone was coming out too, are there any details on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 burtisgood

still wont let me buy it!? il end up with a ps3 on the way home today if i dont get one. just want to buy something y'know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Odds are if they've shortages in-store, they won't be accepting online orders for the time being.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement