Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 burtisgood

got it now. only able to choose standard 3 day delivery tho. oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 10 flz

No 16GB left in Dundrum at 9.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Just got my 16GB Black iPhone 3G in Carphone Warehouse in Blanch :D The queue started at 8:05am. They got about 30 iphones, 10 of which were 16GB, the rest 8GB. They also stocked the 16GB white version too but as far as I could see, everyone was going for the Black version.

Carphone warehouse didn't take pre-orders so they were working strictly on a first come, first served basis. Based on the interest, I expect them to be sold out before the morning is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

W00t, got the only Black 16GB in the Ashleaf Centre!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Got my pre-booked 16 gig black one in Dundrum this morning! Yay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 flz

Red Alert wrote: »
    Got my pre-booked 16 gig black one in Dundrum this morning! Yay :)

What time did you start queuing?

thought i had my 16gb one bought online but its been 'processing' my payment details and everything for about 10 minutes now. I better not end up with 10

wow it took so long its out of stock now

genius

ended up being able to get a white one

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

None left in the Drogheda... they didn't even get enough stock to fulfill their pre-orders...! Apparently only 500 came into Ireland (not sure how true that is all the same). Anyway that just means I'll have to play a bit more with my first gen iPhone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

I had prebooked, was told yesterday that I was 5th in the list!! Told today I was not high enough on the list!! :mad: others who had prbooked were alos told this too....looks like o2 treating irish consumers with disdain as per usual!! Mind you vodafone just as bad!

Oh and they were still queuing as i left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

got my 16gb Black in CPW in henry street, girl couldnt have been nicer.
    think they only had 8 16gb which went straight away, guy was offered a white 16gb and said no and settled for the 8gb black.
    I got into town at 7:30, aimed for CPW in North Earl street, there was no one outside so chance the henry street one and was first in the queue.
    Very Happy Bunny today.
    Thanks to everyone here for all the advice etc.
    Good luck to the rest of Yiz trying to get one, try the smaller shops you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭icianom

Got my unbooked 16gig iPhone this morning, along with my friend in the sam situation. Updating it now, So Beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Got a 16gb black one in the parkway in limerick.

Got a gold upgrade rather than a silver too!!

Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

just got my 16gb black in o2 shop in dundalk. only had eight and i was the eight on the list. yessssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

the gps puts me well above alaska in the artic circle. I know limerick is cold today, but not that bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

lucky guys all gettin there phones..... i cant get even get one because i dont have an upgragde on me bill account, have to take out another contract with another number if i want a iphone, some treatment for a customer,

plus they told me in the shop they only got in 2 phones and will be 2-4 weeks before they get anymore. so even do i am bill payer i cant change to a new contract for the iphone without loosing my number because i have no upgrade on my account, but if i was a speakeasy customer looking to go bill pay i would have no problem in holding my existing number and getting the iphone(well waiting to get it)

i have spoke with 5 different employees of the certain network provider and to tell you the truth none of them actually knew what was going on.... I dont mind waiting but jesus train your staff or actually let them know whats going on, and make allowances for your existing bill payers, they seem to be only aiming for getting new people on to bill pay... anyway thats my hand over with.

anyone else have a problem changing over contract if they didnt have a upgrade on there account???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Got my 8Gb black from CWH in Grafton Street. Was there at 7:40am, but they didn't open until 9am! Only thing is I was on the O2 clear unlimited and had to cancel Mrs Spider's new acct, (I only put her on it this week) Or I would have had to have 2 bills, 2 numbers and 2 phones! :( She is going to have my SIM with my number and I'll have a new number!

Good job I don't have any business cards made at the moment! Also if she has my old number and anyone calls for a disco, she can give them my new number!

Posted Via Internet Kiosk! (iPhone not activated yet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭smok

anyone know if O2 grafton street have many of them left?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Anyone have any luck online, O2 say the black 16gb is sold out, only the whites ones left!!

yeah i possibly have a white one online. my order is still 'pending' tho. if its like that at the end of the day i'll cancel it and wait for more stock. website was a mess this morning, should have known really.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭OgreSwamp

Good joke :)
    I think there is no iPhones 3G available in Dublin now.. :(
    O2 shop in Dun Laoghaire received 5 iPhones. According to O2 website they have to sell it according queue, but they sold iPhone according list. I'm 2nd in the "second list". Manager promised me to call when they will receive more devices, but I'm very angry coz I was first in the line. All people who waited just wasted a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

Had my name on the waiting list for a black 16G iPhone in O2 Waterford.

Just got the call to say that I had missed out this time, but the good news is that the person before me on the list got their phone so I am first on the next list...

"Ok, not the end of the world" I thought - "When are you getting the next lot in?"

"Oh I don't know - a couple of weeks, maybe?"

Yeah - great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

Went into CPW in Liffey Valley, Dublin today at 9:30. Queue of about 10-15 ppl....when i got to the counter i got the last black 16GB model !! Woot !

Have to call back in an hr to collect....aparently they have to activate the phone manually with 02, as i had an account with them about 3 years ago. The girl was very nice, told me they were on hold for 40mins to get onto 02 !!! She took my old number and told me she would call when ready...paid and all...sitting in a bag waiting for me at this stage !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 akamarko

Yeah the online store has sold out http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Phones/iPhone+3G/ that was bloody quick, they must have had frack all stock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭OgreSwamp

bwardrop wrote: »
    "Oh I don't know - a couple of weeks, maybe?"
    Dun Laoghaire manager said that he wait new batch of iPhones next friday. But can't promise that it will be in friday. He didn't promise that it will available during July...

did anyone else have problems changing tariff on your bill account if you were not elgible to an upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

lotdpd wrote: »
    did anyone else have problems changing tariff on your bill account if you were not elgible to an upgrade?

when you say having problems, did you manage in the end?

I have rang O2 customer care a few times. Remember that in the UK, (separate company, I know) everybody on bill pay can get the iphone.

They told me I basically can't get one. They also said you can't just leave your contract and then sign up again. You have to wait six months. Apparently, even when your contract finishes, you can't just jump over to the iPhone contract.

The agent then told me my best bet was ebay.

i have been told so many different stories by o2 i dont know who to believe.... like they get them for free in the uk on the higher tariffs and we have to pay for them over here.... typical rip off ireland.

anyways, never got one as i dont have a upgrade on my account to change my number over to the iphone, i would have had to take out another number and 2nd contract(load of crap) plus there sold out now ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Got my 8Gb black from CWH in Grafton Street. Was there at 7:40am, but they didn't open until 9am! Only thing is I was on the O2 clear unlimited and had to cancel Mrs Spider's new acct, (I only put her on it this week) Or I would have had to have 2 bills, 2 numbers and 2 phones! :( She is going to have my SIM with my number and I'll have a new number!

Good job I don't have any business cards made at the moment! Also if she has my old number and anyone calls for a disco, she can give them my new number!

Posted Via Internet Kiosk! (iPhone not activated yet!)

If i understand what your saying then I'll try and illiterate , The sales guy in Carphone warehouse would not give you an upgrade on your existing o2 number and said that you had to get a new number ? If this is the case this is certainly wrong every customer regardless of upgrade or not was entitled to the new iphone. Seems to me that he just wanted the extra commission for connecting a new number , which is totally unacceptable from your point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

is gps working for everyone cause mine cant get a lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

I tried CPW and O2 in Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire without success so I rang O2 customer Care and ordered a 16Gb Black as an upgrade. the girl said I would have it in three days ........ somehow I don't believe her

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement