Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Sarge wrote: »
    If this is the case this is certainly wrong every customer regardless of upgrade or not was entitled to the new iphone.

Not this time. You can only get one if you're due an upgrade or a new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

ant043 wrote: »
    is gps working for everyone cause mine cant get a lock.

Are you trying it indoors or outdoors?
    If it's the GPS itself, you'd need to be outdoors to get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭smok

but it lets you buy online though is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

smok wrote: »
    but it lets you buy online though is that right?

If you're entitled to an upgrade yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

iPhone users are entitled to upgrade to iPhone 3G.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

I am collecting mine later on , anyone have any issues switching networks ? I will be moving from Vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

yeah got the gps working . Was trying to use it inside stupidly. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Can you use the GPS in a car??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I am collecting mine later on , anyone have any issues switching networks ? I will be moving from Vodafone

Switched from Three to 02 no problems. Took about 3hrs for the porting to complete but all working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Anyone know if there are any 16gb ones to be had in dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

The policy preventing existing pay monthly customers getting an iphone 3G doesn't really align with this:
    I am an existing O2 Customer, how do I upgrade to iPhone?

iPhone is available to existing O2 Pay monthly Customers providing that your account is up to date.You can upgrade to iPhone at any O2 Retail store regardless of your current upgrade eligibility. This means that even if you have only recently joined O2 or have recently upgraded, you will still be able to get iPhone with no penalty

from
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Help/Help+&+Support/iPhone/

Of course this refers to the original iPhone - but still, where's the sense in that? Why don't they want our money for the new handset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Brendan88

Hey lads...

Got my IPhone today (Whooo!) Now, I've downloaded the reqiured Itunes 7.7 version, but when I go to open the downloaded file I seem to get a little lost....

A window pops up that says "Launch Application"

It says "This link needs to be opened with an application. Send to:"

Then it has a choose button that you can choose anything like the desktop or my computer......

What do I chose???! NOTHING seems to be doing the trick!!!

And until I figure it out, my new IPhone just sits longingly beside me - unusable!!!!!!

PLEASE ANYONE WITH ANY INFO HELP!!!!

Ta,

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sounds like your executable associations have got messed up.. or it was a corrupt download.

Try downloading it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Brendan88 wrote: »
    Hey lads...

Got my IPhone today (Whooo!) Now, I've downloaded the reqiured Itunes 7.7 version, but when I go to open the downloaded file I seem to get a little lost....

Then it has a choose button that you can choose anything like the desktop or my computer......

And until I figure it out, my new IPhone just sits longingly beside me - unusable!!!!!!

Ta,

B.

Does it pop up while you're in IE/Firefox - or when you run it from your desktop?

Heya,

Thanks for quick response....

I've already downloaded it twice, so that aint the prob..

It pops up from desktop not firefox...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Heya,

Thanks for quick response....

I've already downloaded it twice, so that aint the prob..

It pops up from desktop not firefox...

Is it an actual .exe or is it a zip/rar file?

it's .exe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭dubmick

I'm trying to set up an iPhone for a girl i work with, when you open iTunes (7.7) the iPhone won't connect to activate. (see below)

bw03cvwk3thdnowxi1bh.jpg

Anyone else having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭icianom

I'm having two small issues.

I can't send receive SMS at the moment, I ported over this morning from Speakeasy. Could this be why?

All my calls in are apparently from blocked numbers, which is not true. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Yeah there can sometimes (very rarely) be a problem when you move your number from speakeasy to bill pay, you lose the caller id and sms provisioning, call the customer care on 1909 and explain what happened they should be able to sort it over the phone in less than a minute. Call them from a different phone you'll need to restart your phone for it to work fully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

dubmick wrote: »
    I'm trying to set up an iPhone for a girl i work with, when you open iTunes (7.7) the iPhone won't connect to activate. (see below)

bw03cvwk3thdnowxi1bh.jpg

A friend is having the same problem.

It's 9.40am in New York... all the American's are trying to activate their new phones, I'd say the servers are overrun a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

bw03cvwk3thdnowxi1bh.jpg

atgate wrote: »
    A friend is having the same problem.

It's 9.40am in New York... all the American's are trying to activate their new phones, I'd say the servers are overrun a little.

Can you normally access the ITunes store in work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Depends where you work - my work uses www.websense.com to block lots of traffic including itunes so popped home at lunchtime to register phone - worked no bother. Although, curiously, for the first time ever websesnse seems to be turned off today! Maybe the IT dept want to register their phones too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭dubmick

Can you normally access the ITunes store in work?

She brought her laptop in today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

She brought her laptop in today.

That doesn't matter if its a company machine or laptop. The internet policies probably aren't set locally like that. If she is using the companies network through her laptop then she is subject to the same restrictions.

iTunes Store could be blocked by a company firewall / or other protection software.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Hey lads...

Ta,

B.

Did you download the correct version, i.e. Windows or Mac OSX ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mandy_111

What would you do?

Take an 8Gb iPhone today or have guaranteed delivery of a 16Gb on Monday afternoon?

I know I should wait but it's so hard to resist having it today!

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

bw03cvwk3thdnowxi1bh.jpg

Hey !

Yep...i'm getting the same issue at home. Have tried it on Vista x64, Win2k8 x64 & XP SP3 x86...all the same :( Just want to get it activated....but can't really complain....lots of ppl didn't even get one.

I've just spent the last three hours on the phone to timbucktwo...

Problem with 7.7 is I was downloading it in firefox - apparently explorer does the trick!!

And that other timed out message is just the sheer demand on the site.

Even the tech guy I was on to who works there was having the same prob!!!!

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

mandy_111 wrote: »
    What would you do?

Take an 8Gb iPhone today or have guaranteed delivery of a 16Gb on Monday afternoon?

I know I should wait but it's so hard to resist having it today!

:confused::confused::confused:

Wait for it, if you get the 8gb you will be stuck with it and your contract for the next 18 months so if its not what you want wait, just wait.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement