Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Maybe, just maybe, Apple didn't send them enough stock. Just a thought to cool your tirade.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

tryin to pull a few strings, but it looks like monday the earliest, man i'm angry:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Anyone has this problem? :eek::confused:http://9to5mac.com/iphone-screen-lottery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

digitaldr wrote: »
    Hate to contradict ya but CPW on Grafton Street were honouring their pre-orders - i should know as I was 2nd on the list and got one of the very few black 16gb ones they had. The manager said they had 91 iphones in total - more than the rest of the CPWs put together! Also managed to activate it (at about 1.30pm) too:D (sorry if I sound smug)

Yeah got my 16gb black there too, one of the first. Got it activated at 10am though. :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Got my 16Gb Black one, activated it at 10am and loving it. O2 in Dundrum had the phones all pre-allocated with little yellow post-its so thank god there was nothing to worry about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mirl08

I pre-ordered a 16gb iphone in an o2 shop on july 1st. They rang me thursday evening to say that even though i pre-ordered the wouldn't have my iphone for a number of weeks. I was REALLY dissappointed! Anyways, i decided to chance my arm by going to a carphone warehouse this morning knowing they only had 2 16gb iphones in stock. I was second in line and got one! :) I then was going to go down to the o2 store to get my 50eur back when i remembered i forgot my receipt for the 50eur deposit so i decided i would collect it tomorrow. I then get a voicemail from o2 saying that they infact DO have my iphone in stock!!!!!!! So now i'm in a situation where i have one reserved and 1 in my hand!! I'm just thinking of all the people who didn't get any today! Crazy world we live in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Got an 8gb this morning but still waiting to activate. What an anti-climax...

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

My phone is working now... Still getting the error but now I'm able to do anything I want. very strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

mirl08 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered a 16gb iphone in an o2 shop on july 1st. They rang me thursday evening to say that even though i pre-ordered the wouldn't have my iphone for a number of weeks. I was REALLY dissappointed! Anyways, i decided to chance my arm by going to a carphone warehouse this morning knowing they only had 2 16gb iphones in stock. I was second in line and got one! :) I then was going to go down to the o2 store to get my 50eur back when i remembered i forgot my receipt for the 50eur deposit so i decided i would collect it tomorrow. I then get a voicemail from o2 saying that they infact DO have my iphone in stock!!!!!!! So now i'm in a situation where i have one reserved and 1 in my hand!! I'm just thinking of all the people who didn't get any today! Crazy world we live in!!!

any chance of getting the one you didnt get?

one of my friends is letting me know if he wants it, i'll post back within an hour if he doesn't want it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

one of my friends is letting me know if he wants it, i'll post back within an hour if he doesn't want it :)

cool sent u a pm as well, i didnt know if u saw this. thanks dude

Anyone else still stuck on itunes getting nowhere fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

If that was Henry St. Carphone Warehouse then I was right behind you and like you got srewed over by o2 so my wait goes on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Servers are fecked. Nobody can upgrade their software or activate their phones. Also looks like the have disabled the upgrade option as my iPod touch is now saying it has the most up to date version (1.1.4).

Maybe they disabled the upgrade option to help clear the servers and let people activate.

The whole process from the start has been an absolute joke. Even O2 can't be so thick as to say they didn't anticipate the demand. Sooooooooo p!ssed off.....

The whole process from the start has been an absolute joke. Even O2 can't be so thick as to say they didn't anticipate the demand. Sooooooooo p!ssed off.....

We don't know wether its was o2s fault for not ordering enough or apples fault for not being able to provide enough. To be honest it looks like apples fault with considering every o2 store are saying that they have more on order already.

Its is also apples fault for not being able to activate it.

This is one situation I wouldn't blame o2 for. Blame for the crappy plans/tariffs they are offering though. But we have all had that discussion many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Oneredarmy

Keep closing and opening itunes, I just got set up and its syncing now.

Got a 16gb white one in O2 Baggot Street. Could've had an 8gb in black but the extra 8gb is way too important and by the sounds of it new stock is 2-3 weeks away.

Annoyingly various Apple sites are reporting hundreds/thousands of units per store in the US.

We don't know wether its was o2s fault for not ordering enough or apples fault for not being able to provide enough. To be honest it looks like apples fault with considering every o2 store are saying that they have more on order already.

Its is also apples fault for not being able to activate it.

This is one situation I wouldn't blame o2 for. Blame for the crappy plans/tariffs they are offering though. But we have all had that discussion many times.

Apple is responsible for a lot of diappointment for sure - not supplying enough phones for a start and not providing enough servers to meet demand for those of us lucky enough to get out hands on one.
    However, O2's attitude has been predictably sh!te. Yes, nothing new there but the store I was in this morning was just a joke. I got there 30 mins early and there were 4 guys in front of me. The manager arrived and just before going in, snapping at us 'we're not opening til 9:30 guys and we won't be opening early' (even tho nobody asked). She went on to say that there were only 8 phones in store and they were all going to pre-orders.
    Cue another employee arrives, a temporary transfer from another store. This was comical tho cos he left a few minutes later, returning again rather sheepishly with a pair of black shoes from Dunnes as he had been wearing runners. Meanwhile, herself was on the phone to her pal asking was s/he going out tonight. No problem with that - it was her own time but it was clear that they were far from ready for the launch at this stage and it was 9:25 a.m. There was much frantic searching through folders and tapping at computers.
    So I was 3rd in line anyway. There was loads of calling O2 and being kept on hold. Activtaion for the two lads in front of me took 30 mins each. It didn't help that the 2 salespeople didn't know how to edit the price on screen from 1000 euro to 169. That sort of lack of preparation really pissed me off. The manager's attitude was cat as well - you'd think they were giving out for free instead of charging people and tying them to an 18 month contract. And as for answering questions about how to use the damn thing... forget about it.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Apple is responsible for a lot of diappointment for sure - not supplying enough phones for a start and not providing enough servers to meet demand for those of us lucky enough to get out hands on one.
    However, O2's attitude has been predictably sh!te. Yes, nothing new there but the store I was in this morning was just a joke. I got there 30 mins early and there were 4 guys in front of me. The manager arrived and just before going in, snapping at us 'we're not opening til 9:30 guys and we won't be opening early' (even tho nobody asked). She went on to say that there were only 8 phones in store and they were all going to pre-orders.
    Cue another employee arrives, a temporary transfer from another store. This was comical tho cos he left a few minutes later, returning again rather sheepishly with a pair of black shoes from Dunnes as he had been wearing runners. Meanwhile, herself was on the phone to her pal asking was s/he going out tonight. No problem with that - it was her own time but it was clear that they were far from ready for the launch at this stage and it was 9:25 a.m. There was much frantic searching through folders and tapping at computers.
    So I was 3rd in line anyway. There was loads of calling O2 and being kept on hold. Activtaion for the two lads in front of me took 30 mins each. It didn't help that the 2 salespeople didn't know how to edit the price on screen from 1000 euro to 169. That sort of lack of preparation really pissed me off. The manager's attitude was cat as well - you'd think they were giving out for free instead of charging people and tying them to an 18 month contract. And as for answering questions about how to use the damn thing... forget about it.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not going to argue with you on any of that. I just defended them regarding the lack of supply. Never said they were a good company. I generally find any telecomms company wether it be mobile or landline useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Got my iPhone today, have played around with it most of the day and i like it. I like it a lot.
    The only grief i had ( well, grief could be a harsh word) was when i was waiting for my Contacts, my bookmarks, my email and my iCal to sync. It took a long time. Well i guess there was a lot of info so that's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Oneredarmy

When does the 32gb come out :D, I don't have a lot of room left for apps after music, tv shows, movies etc have sync'ed.

Downloaded Supermonkeyball and a few of the other free apps from the US store.

in case anyone was waiting for news the phone is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mandy_111

Just activated a friends iPhone by following this tip:

Just switch between the Apple Store icon and the iPhone icon every few seconds.

Worked in 60 seconds for me.

Good luck

Mine activated around 15 mins ago. Let the fun begin :D

Not going to argue with you on any of that. I just defended them regarding the lack of supply. Never said they were a good company. I generally find any telecomms company wether it be mobile or landline useless.

I know it's not O2's fault as regards supply sorry if I came across as arguing with you on that point. Have been a bit tetchy since it took so long but the mood has greatly improved now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

Activated here too !!!! Wahhhooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

edit nevermind im blind and didnt see the massive unlocking sticky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Sarge wrote: »
    If i understand what your saying then I'll try and illiterate , The sales guy in Carphone warehouse would not give you an upgrade on your existing o2 number and said that you had to get a new number ? If this is the case this is certainly wrong every customer regardless of upgrade or not was entitled to the new iphone. Seems to me that he just wanted the extra commission for connecting a new number , which is totally unacceptable from your point of view.

Basically as I have only been on the clear plan myself for 2 months, (just had second bill) I couldn't upgrade to the iPhone. But when I called customer services on wednesday night, they said I could upgrade as I would be going up a tariff and I said of course you're getting more money, so whay would you turn me down?! Anyway like when I went in today, they said I would have to add the iPhone onto my bill, continue with my clear plan for 18 months, and continue with Mrs Spider's plan for 18 months.

I went and called O2 and asked if there was any way round it, with no luck. Went back to CWH and signed up with the new number on my account. When I got back home I checked the O2 site and my new number was already on the account page! I called O2 to cancel Mrs Spider's number and they said I would have to write in or email.

After all this hassle I have my iPhone, Mrs Spider has her phone, (with my old number) and I am banned from discussing anything about iPhones!

Just finished adding over 30,000 songs to iTunes, and will try to activate it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Just curious, if you are on a new contract with 02 and not eligible for an upgrade, can you get the iPhone. I thought you couldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

Oneredarmy wrote: »
    Downloaded Supermonkeyball and a few of the other free apps from the US store.
    How can you get the games from the US site , when I try and purchase them Itunes tells me that they are not available in Ireland:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement