Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Oneredarmy

How can you get the games from the US site , when I try and purchase them Itunes tells me that they are not available in Ireland:confused:
    I wouldn't want to admit that I'm breaking any T&Cs, but its freely available info on the web that if you can get a hold of US$ denominated itunes giftcards you can enter a US address and fire away. You can buy the US$ cards on ebay, or you can pick them up in the US. Remember, it has to be US$ denominated cards. You also can't use a non-US credit card as the itunes store picks up the address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

BostonB wrote: »
    Just curious, if you are on a new contract with 02 and not eligible for an upgrade, can you get the iPhone. I thought you couldn't.

You can. but you would have 2 numbers and 2 contracts. One for your original contract, and one for the iPhone. That's what I have. I cancelled the other contract as I only got it the other day and you have 14 days to cancel.

BTW activated in 15mins and now transferring 200 songs! but I have only used about 2Gb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

Hey guys.
    My boyfriend bought the iphone yesterday and is wondering how to get all the phone contacts onto it from his old phone. He has the sony ericson W850i.

Thanks for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

cacio wrote: »
    Hey guys.
    My boyfriend bought the iphone yesterday and is wondering how to get all the phone contacts onto it from his old phone. He has the sony ericson W850i.

Thanks for any help.

Make sure that all his contacts are on his sim card and then go to settings > mail, contacts & calendars > import sim contacts. Or if you already have them on your computer you can just sync them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

anyone else having 3g issues - i cant send texts, or any outgoing 3g internet conection. can make and receve calls, only recieve texts, anything over wifi is perfect.

i keep getting "could not authenticate cellular data network"

same with this lad.
    http://patphelan.net/o2-ireland-apple-3g-network-down-all-day-of-launch/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Hi guys

I believe there is no chance to buy iPhone 3G today? so, any news about new supplies for Ireland? Where? When? ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

posting live from burger king o connel at on my new iPhone ! Free will wi fi as well !

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    posting live from burger king o connel at on my new iPhone ! Free will wi fi as well !

spider have you had any 3g issues? can you surf without wifi? through a 3g connection? if so what firmware version are you running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

cant receive or send any texts, anyone know what the problem could be?

cant receive or send any texts, anyone know what the problem could be?

http://patphelan.net/o2-ireland-apple-3g-network-down-all-day-of-launch/

same here, what a joke!
    it only seems to affect iphone 3g in ireland, so it must be an 02 thing, although the person i was talking to said it was an apple thing. they better stop passing the ball and get it sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

kucyk wrote: »
    Hi guys

I believe there is no chance to buy iPhone 3G today? so, any news about new supplies for Ireland? Where? When? ...

Heard through an O2 sales rep that they may be available next week although the store I spoke to said 3 weeks he did say the best thing to do was go to as many stores as possible and add your name to the waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Settings ~ General ~ Reset ~ Reset Network Settings.

Worked for me last night when I was having those data issues.

thanks, but didn't work! ah well i guess i'll wait it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Just got an 8Gb black in O2 Dundrum, heard the lady serving me tell another member of staff that there was one 16Gb left-not sure what colour.

chrislad wrote: »
    Settings ~ General ~ Reset ~ Reset Network Settings.

Worked for me last night when I was having those data issues.

still no change -
    sending a text gives me "error sending message" and trying to surf through safari gives me "could not activate cellullar data network: pdp authentication failure".

what firmware are you running? chrislad? is it a new number or did you upgrade your account to the iphone tarriff? what about you heggie, you a new customer/new number?

I got a new number so i though i might have been something to do with that?
    But I was informed yesterday that my account is all setup perfectly and it is an apple issue? this type of service is terrible, i expected to be running 100% with a full charge.

On the bright side iSquint is making short work of avi's for the iphone- 400/500mb DivX tv shows down to 160mb in about 6mins in pretty good quality too!

i'm on an old number and still have that issue

A poster {Evert Bopp} on Pat Phealans blog said something which makes a lot of sense...
    It doesn’t sound like a issue with the network but rather like one with the authentication server. I suspect that O2 thought that they could sell truckloads of new devices without investig in the infrastructure to handle the extra network and NOC load.
    All these new iPhones are trying to authenticate at the same time and the server tells them to bugger off because it is too busy.
    It’s not a new issue either: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=389845

o2 are retards for thinking they could get away with not upgrading their system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

This was on the o2 forum yesterday. Seemed to be most common with people that switched from prepay to get the iphone. Couldn't sent texts and incoming calls did not show a name or number. Ring 1909 and should get sorted straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mine is a new number but added to an existing account. I had the same issues with texting too. 1909 sorted it fairly quickly. Only issues I really have are some lag when typing or browsing contacts which is a phone issu, not an o2 one.

on the phone to them as i type- anyone have a stopwatch!

first solution- its an apple server problem with activation(no its not, im ringing from the iphone)
    second solution- reset network settings(did that already, twice)
    third solution- being forwarded to some other department (calming music, could fall asleep..... . ... ..

• Advertisement

The text issue is a "known issue and should be resolved as quickly as possible, especially with the amount of phones sold yesterday" and they think the pdp message im getting is to do with the variable 3g coverage where i am at the moment, ill be back in cork tomorrow evening so i can check on a solid connection and all should be good - in theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

If anyone is having problems finding an iPhone, ring CarphoneWarehouse in Roscommon. They should have a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

glynf - did you preorder iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Unless it opened up very recently without me knowing I am sure there is no Carphone Warehouse in Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

The Carphone Warehouse website does not list a Roscommon location either! Hmmmmm????

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

Did anyone else preorder and not get their iPhone?
    Im wondering if it affected a lot of people. I ordered mine on the second day (after the systems was down the first day). I still did n't get mine. Im very disappointed and angry at 02.

Let me know.

There is a CPWH in Roscommon, it was recently opened so that may be why it isn't listed. It is beside Aldi and Lidl.
    Their PN: 0906666048
    I tried ringing them but they must have just closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Is there any were else that has stock of the iPhone or has it sold out everywhere? Can you pre-order with O2 now for the next shipment? So bummed I didn't get one :(

You could try Athlone either. They have 2 CPWH and an o2 shop but I think you would have a good chance of getting one in Roscommon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Dman001 wrote: »
    You could try Athlone either. They have 2 CPWH and an o2 shop but I think you would have a good chance of getting one in Roscommon.

Do you know of anywhere in Dublin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement