Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Select 'none' when asked for a Credit Card. You can buy iTunes vouchers in O2 and 3G stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

I wouldnt get too bothered about it, you'll proably have a better experience than the majority of iphone customers by the time you get one. 02 were not prepared (network wise) for the iphone and the service is poor, very poor.

cant send texts, cant use 3g (which most of the apps use), the only outgoing connection i can do is make a phone call.

things work well with wifi, but i didnt buy it for the wifi, i have a laptop for when im near a wifi spot.

Mine is working perfectly. Registered in seconds, 3G whenever I've needed it, no problems with SMS or calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

Seriously, whats with the lack of games? I want my super monkey ball dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

Izy wrote: »
    so was I. and i think everyone else who didn't get one on friday was told the same s***.

Yeah - I had a feeling this would be the case... We'll just have to wait and see how we all fare when the next shipment arrives... Although the O2 Store in Waterford should be aware, that like Russel Brand, I too am on the edge of a tantrum!!!! :pac:
    I wouldnt get too bothered about it, you'll proably have a better experience than the majority of iphone customers by the time you get one. 02 were not prepared (network wise) for the iphone and the service is poor, very poor.

cant send texts, cant use 3g (which most of the apps use), the only outgoing connection i can do is make a phone call.

things work well with wifi, but i didnt buy it for the wifi, i have a laptop for when im near a wifi spot.

I was also considering this over the last few days and it has held me back from my tantrum... for the time being!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

Just got my iphone set up now, i have 2 issues.
    Cant send recive texts
    and
    If someone calls me it says caller unknown when i have them saved in my phone..

Anybody have the same issues?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yup im having the exact same problems samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

have you saved their numbers in the format: +353XXXXXXXXXX, you need to do it like that.

Cheers heggie, i presume that its just gremlins in the system and it will all be sorted soon..

jpfahy wrote: »
    have you saved their numbers in the format: +353XXXXXXXXXX, you need to do it like that.

I just tried that and it did not work.

How do i know if i am running off 3G or wifi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Little icon to the right of O2.ie at the top of your screen - little waves is WiFi, 3G is 3G and E is Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭johnson1

heggie wrote: »
    yup im having the exact same problems samsung

guys this isn't anything to do with the phone, it's a network problem. If you ring 1909 they will fix it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Samsung wrote: »
    I just tried that and it did not work.

Your friends may have Caller ID turned off, their number won't show if they have. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 minik

Can the new iphones be jailbroken?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

how do you enable 3g or edge browsing? if i turn off wifi I cant connect to anythin, or is this yet another network issue?

jpfahy wrote: »
    Little icon to the right of O2.ie at the top of your screen - little waves is WiFi, 3G is 3G and E is Edge

Cheers jpfahy..
    minik wrote: »
    Can the new iphones be jailbroken?

I think it was but there is no common method yet..
    sdonn_1 wrote: »
    Your friends may have Caller ID turned off, their number won't show if they have. ;)

lol nah man, thats not it : )

Cheers jpfahy..

I think it was but there is no common method yet..

lol nah man, thats not it : )

Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Hi Guys, picked up my shiney new iphone today in Greystones they had two 8gb's left and I took one, very happy.

Picked it up about 4.00pm and transfered from Vodafone, guy said it would take about 10mins but it still says no service, should I ring them or is this normal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

When you're roaming can block using 3G/Edge for data etc.

• Advertisement

Just got off the phone from o2 and they say that the texting issue should be be fixed in the morning.

heggie wrote: »
    how do you enable 3g or edge browsing? if i turn off wifi I cant connect to anythin, or is this yet another network issue?

Yea they said the 3g is down also..

chrislad wrote: »
    Only issues I really have are some lag when typing or browsing contacts

Yea i get that to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yea i get that to.

Apparently, it can be fixed by doing a soft reset (holding sleep and hold button until the Apple logo appears).

Did that and it seems to be okay now.

chrislad wrote: »
    Apparently, it can be fixed by doing a soft reset (holding sleep and hold button until the Apple logo appears).

Did that and it seems to be okay now.

Yes, that seemed to do the trick. Thanks

Is the new Iphone worth getting....??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

yes if only for the 3g. Its way faster than edge. its actually only one or two seconds off my eircom bb speeds. I suppose it helps when you live in the centre of a big town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

minik wrote: »
    Is the new Iphone worth getting....??

Browsing Youtube and the web with 3G speeds makes is well worth getting. Apple are advertising it as twice the speeds but my 3G is as good as my 3Meg wifi. Maybe AT&T in the US don't have HSDPA speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Skyuser wrote: »
    Browsing Youtube and the web with 3G speeds makes is well worth getting. Apple are advertising it as twice the speeds but my 3G is as good as my 3Meg wifi. Maybe AT&T in the US don't have HSDPA speeds.

I have 3 meg wifi from Eircom which equates to about 2600kb/s, sometimes up to 2700
    Max 3G speed is 384kb/s

The iPhone is 3G only. It doesnt support HSDPA, so it wouldnt matter if a network had HSDPA support or not

<EDIT>Seems I am wrong! Been reading up and it seems it *does* support HSDPA!!!!</EDIT>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

whisht wrote: »
    I have 3 meg wifi from Eircom which equates to about 2600kb/s, sometimes up to 2700
    Max 3G speed is 384kb/s

The iPhone is 3G only. It doesnt support HSDPA, so it wouldnt matter if a network had HSDPA support or not

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The iPhone 3G DOES support HSDPA. FACT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement