Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

poukai wrote: »
    No-one ?

Nope, Appstore is working fine for me. Just downloaded some more last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 poukai

Crap, then it must be me... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

poukai wrote: »
    Crap, then it must be me... :(

Try doing a reset and try again i.e. holding menu button and power button at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

st332 wrote: »
    O2 in Bray called me today, they reckon no 16gb till September. Probably just as well since I'm broke atm!

can anyone confirm this with other calls from any other O2/CPW stores?

i have been watching this forum http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14 and this one in particular about stock http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=5785#post5785 and there is no mention of a stock shortage 'til September.

not that i don't believe you st332 ;) but i'm just wondering did they tell you that to get you off their backs. i can't even get through on the phone to one o2 store and i have tried 6 different stores. a simple voice message with an update would be better than not answering the bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

OCD wrote: »

i have been watching this forum http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14 and this one in particular about stock http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=5785#post5785 and there is no mention of a stock shortage 'til September.

not that i don't believe you st332 ;) but i'm just wondering did they tell you that to get you off their backs. i can't even get through on the phone to one o2 store and i have tried 6 different stores. a simple voice message with an update would be better than not answering the bloody thing!

i was told the same. But then last thursday i was pasin CPW in waterford and one of the girls came out to me to tell me that there is iphones coming on friday. so i went down on friday and picked up my 16gb black. and when i was signin the contract i just got a call from o2 that they have an 8gb for me if i want it. if i was you i keep checkin the stores.

• Advertisement

Izy wrote: »
    i was told the same. But then last thursday i was pasin CPW in waterford and one of the girls came out to me to tell me that there is iphones coming on friday. so i went down on friday and picked up my 16gb black. and when i was signin the contract i just got a call from o2 that they have an 8gb for me if i want it. if i was you i keep checkin the stores.

Thanks Izy.

Just to update my earlier post, I spoke with someone in an O2 experience store this evening. He said to me 2 weeks before more stocks come in but then he checked other stores and said there might be a few available, which seems to tie in with what you said about just checking with each store.

He also said that Apple only email the stores 2 days in advance so when they say they really don't know when more stock is arriving it seems like they mean it.

I also asked why they stopped taking names and he said there was 200 names on their list at one stage and still backlog of 60 so the list idea was getting a bit out of hand as punters were putting their names down in multiple stores and then not calling back to cancel their name on the waiting list once they sourced it in another shop. sounds fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭st332

OCD wrote: »

Well the only reason they called was because they had an 8gb model and misread my entry on the waiting list, then when I asked about the 16gb model, that's what I was told.
    I think trying lots of stores is probably the best bet given the lack of clarity and the different reports being given from store to store

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Sooo....

Just a quick update on the broken 3g iphone situation.
    I just received a new package from the courier. I thought fantastic, to only find that it's a first gen iphone rather than the new one, which I was told on three separate occassions i would be getting today.

I'm now told i'll have to wait two weeks.

Incompetant, simple as....

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭OgreSwamp

Does anybody want to change white iPhone to the black one?
    I got call from O2 just 2 mins ago, that I can receive my iPhone 16Gb today, but only black.
    As I understand it is possible just to change SIM cards in iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

OgreSwamp wrote: »
    Does anybody want to change white iPhone to the black one?
    I got call from O2 just 2 mins ago, that I can receive my iPhone 16Gb today, but only black.
    As I understand it is possible just to change SIM cards in iPhones.

Hey,

I think I can get a White one but I want black!

Do u want to arrange a swap?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure that it is possible. Can anybody confirm that we can just change sim cards? And what's with warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Where are you guys getting the phones, O2 stores or CPW stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

o2 Dun Laoghaire have stock, 8 and 16Gb. Ph 2844788

jpfahy wrote: »
    o2 Dun Laoghaire have stock, 8 and 16Gb. Ph 2844788

thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Carbide

Looks like lots of stock today! Just got a call from o2 asking if I still want an iPhone. They are keeping it for me! 16gb Black! Roll on 5pm...

if it saves anyone a few phone calls, nutgrove, experience henry st, rathmines and arklow don't have stock but nutgrove and henry st guys said asked if i have a pre-order so maybe they have stock available to those that pre-ordered. bray and blackrock simply not answering phone.

complete list of store numbers here http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:kmWWaNOW8JsJ:www.giftvouchershop.ie/20Detail.asp%3Fmode%3Dan%26ProductID%3D632%26AreaID%3D+o2+store+blackrock&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=ie - better than scrolling thru o2's website.

hope that helps someone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

CPW on Henry Street (Dublin) got two 8GB and two 16GB in this morning.
    However I'm looking at the last of them on my desk!

O2 on Henry Street haven't had any since last week.

The guy in CPW reckons the only reason I got one (at about 13:30) was that everyone assumed they had none, and weren't enquiring. Moral of the story - there seem to be phones about, so legwork and faith are your friends.

I wouldn't be relying on callbacks, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Skyuser wrote: »
    I was on list in Castlebar and they rang yesterday to say they got some but I got one on release day.
    Anyone else on the list in Castlebar and any feedback on their 8gb availability? [got the usual guff from the sales guys there yesterday that they are working with Apple]

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Just rang CPW customer care and they said straight away there were none in the country and they don't know when they are coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Just spent an hour in vain walking to about ten different shops trying to find an iphone 16gb after O2 on Henry St. screwed me over on my preorder from last week. "We'll have one for you next monday" today became: "Oh we've met our sales target so we're not selling any more". Didn't even call to let me know despite promising to do so. In the meantime my friends who preordered elsewhere have now gotten theirs. Really wish i could buy the phone from meteor or vodaphone and not have to reward such atrocious customer "service" from O2.

The second last carphone warehouse i went to had one left in stock, the guy brought it out for me, started filling out the forms.... then his co-worker came back from break and took it back saying it had been pre-ordered. I was so close >_<

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

sionnach wrote: »
    The second last carphone warehouse i went to had one left in stock, the guy brought it out for me, started filling out the forms.... then his co-worker came back from break and took it back saying it had been pre-ordered. I was so close >_<
    That's even worse than telling you they had none. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

do any of the O2 stores even answer their phones?

I want an iphone, not really too pushed about when I get it but I really don't want to have to trapse in to a store and have to pre-order if it could be done over the phone.

I called O2 customer care and they said I could order online, which obviously isn't the case ... what a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Dades wrote: »
    CPW on Henry Street (Dublin) got two 8GB and two 16GB in this morning.
    However I'm looking at the last of them on my desk!

O2 on Henry Street haven't had any since last week.

The guy in CPW reckons the only reason I got one (at about 13:30) was that everyone assumed they had none, and weren't enquiring. Moral of the story - there seem to be phones about, so legwork and faith are your friends.

I wouldn't be relying on callbacks, either.

Agree - just popped into the O2 Experience on Grafton St last Friday and was looking at phones out on the floor and an assistant there asked if I was alright and I ask:

Me: Whats the wait on the iPhone currently?
    Him: Well we have some in stock now.
    Me: Cool - only 8GB I suppose?
    Him: Nope, have them in 8GB and 16GB.
    Me: Oh right, I guess only in white then....
    Him: Nope, in black as well.
    Me: Sold!

Just call into them and ask, its definitely worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Him: Nope, have them in 8GB and 16GB.
    Me: Oh right, I guess only in white then....
    Him: Nope, in black as well.

I hate you >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

I got mine today in Cork. Put my name on a waiting list a few days before they were released and got a call from O2 today saying they had a black 16GB for me. Jawb!!

Just messing around with it now. I entered all my contacts but entered one as +535 instead of +353. I rang it by accident and now it won't let me end the call. It just seems to be frozen. I can use the phone away and make other calls but when I go into the phone book it goes straight back to that call. Anyone know how I can get rid of it? It's driving me mad!

*Edit - duh scoot on, turn it off and turn it back on again*

If somebody will want to swap white to black one - send me PM :)

sionnach wrote: »
    Just spent an hour in vain walking to about ten different shops trying to find an iphone 16gb after O2 on Henry St. screwed me over on my preorder from last week. "We'll have one for you next monday" today became: "Oh we've met our sales target so we're not selling any more". Didn't even call to let me know despite promising to do so. In the meantime my friends who preordered elsewhere have now gotten theirs. Really wish i could buy the phone from meteor or vodaphone and not have to reward such atrocious customer "service" from O2.

they have 8gb and 16gb phones in o2 dun laoghaire as of 4:30pm today. i know cos i asked the guy after getting mine how many he'd left and he said most were gone but they still have a few left. if that doesn't work try the stores in the quieter areas. the city centre stores will have hundreds passing through each day but the smaller town stores will have much, much less. keep trying! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

Have to say, I've spent the last 5 or 6 hours messing with mine. I love it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Is the 3g iphone available to buy online from o2.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

So what are the risks when buying an iPhone 3G off eBay? I mean other then getting a box full of sand, obviously, are there chances that the phone could be bricked at a later stage as it was never out on a contract?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement