Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've heard 2.0.1 is coming shortly with 2.1 in September. Will try that iTunes app trick when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

My god this phone has some seriously cool apps available and so easy to find, install and use.

I have had a lot of gadget phones including an IMate Jam and serveral other windows mobile devices and this kicks the crap out of it.

How about a thread for best Iphone App's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Villain wrote: »
    My god this phone has some seriously cool apps available and so easy to find, install and use.

I have had a lot of gadget phones including an IMate Jam and serveral other windows mobile devices and this kicks the crap out of it.

How about a thread for best Iphone App's??

It's posts like this that make me want an iphone even more :mad:

Sorry BrynW but once you get it you won't be disappointed, I actually have so many uses for this device it has surprised my, the latest being I think I'll be able to use it to control all my AV gear in my new house, i.e. slect TV, Movies or Music I want to play on certain TV's all by just having my Iphone in my hand.

Sorry BrynW but once you get it you won't be disappointed, I actually have so many uses for this device it has surprised my, the latest being I think I'll be able to use it to control all my AV gear in my new house, i.e. slect TV, Movies or Music I want to play on certain TV's all by just having my Iphone in my hand.

Now that sounds very impressive! I'm on meteor so it makes getting an iphone a bit more tricky :(

• Advertisement

I was on Vodafone left them after 7 years and by god am I glad.

Oh coolest App so far is Shazam, very impressive

I was on Vodafone left them after 7 years and by god am I glad.

I don't want to have to pay to get out of my meteor contract though :mad:

Get an original iPhone then. Pretty much f-all of a difference really, other than the 3G, and to be honest, I found Meteors EDGE coverage much faster that O2s EDGE and 3G coverage for the most part.

chrislad wrote: »
    Get an original iPhone then. Pretty much f-all of a difference really, other than the 3G, and to be honest, I found Meteors EDGE coverage much faster that O2s EDGE and 3G coverage for the most part.

What sort of money would that set me back?

chrislad wrote: »

Good idea, although I have to say browsing with 3G coverage on the Iphone 3G is the fastest mobile browsing I have ever used, beats my Nokia E61, E65 or VPA on Vodafone 3G

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

does anyone know when the new batch is coming out of the iphones? Just got upgrade approved, and need one fast for work purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,924 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Any one know where the people who don't have one yet can actually get one. Everytime I ring an O2 store they say its gonna be mid to late August before there are any available. Which IMO is ridiculous. I'd prefer not to have to buy off E-bay or the likes as its a good bit dearer and ya never know what you're buying. Any one know where there are some for sale?

Its just a matter of ringing and ringing, although as someone said on the O2 forum all the Family and Friends of staff have to get theirs first, which is exactly how I got mine.

Any chance ya can get me one Villain?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Lets be honest i pity most people in phone shops as they get so much crap from customers all day.
    Imagine the amount off pist off people coming in with broken phones every day or complaining about stuff!

Getting Top of the range phones first is their only perk of the job as the pay aint great.

I think most of them desrve to get theirs first and lets be honest its apples fault for not having enough to go around and im a mac fan!
    Apple have never done this with a laptop, you could get macbook airs no problem and ipod touches only had a small hicup in supply.

It will all sort itself out soon!:)

Soon being the operative word me hopes!

Any chance ya can get me one Villain?
    Afraid not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

and need one fast for work purposes
    Why do you need the 3G iphone for work, and cheaper 3G phone wont do :)

Well to be fair I kinda needed my one for work, i.e. so am I familar with the setup of exchange mail etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'd like to get one too to evaluate. They use Blackberry solution here.

I asked in a few shops today in Dublin city centre.....rare as hen's teeth. :(

• Advertisement

O2 Stock Update:
    iPhone 3G Stock Availability Update 01/08/08 16.00pm: There will limited quantities of iPhone 3G available to purchase via O2 Stores from tomorrow, Saturday 2nd August. Please note that much of the iPhones being allocated to these stores may be reserved for customers who have already placed their names on iPhone 3G waiting lists in these stores. There will also be a very limited availability of iPhone 3G for purchase via the O2.ie online shop from Tuesday 5th August

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

O2 Stock Update:

I have my name on the waiting list in an o2 store but i'd say I'm fairly low in the pecking order.

Can I buy online if I'm not already an O2 customer? Do u not need to provide drivers license, utlilty bill, etc?

jamieh wrote: »
    I have my name on the waiting list in an o2 store but i'd say I'm fairly low in the pecking order.

Can I buy online if I'm not already an O2 customer? Do u not need to provide drivers license, utlilty bill, etc?

I'm in a similar situation. I won't be holding my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Should i get a call in the morning, or should i ring them 2nite.

I have my name on the list since last sat

The number of phones been shipped is low so I would ring first thing in the morning

I rang two places tonight and both said they weren't expecting stock in tomorrow

BrynW wrote: »
    What sort of money would that set me back?

About 250 to 400 off eBay or adverts.ie. No contracts with them hence the higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Looks like there are major problems with the plastic casings on iphone 3g:(

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=525177

Don't bank on getting one from the online shop on O2 Tuesday, tiny number will only be available, probaby be gone in under 10 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Don't bank on getting one from the online shop on O2 Tuesday, tiny number will only be available, probaby be gone in under 10 mins

Don't suppose anyone knows of the time they will go up at?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement