Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

ant043 wrote: »
    well guys

just managed to get that netshare app before it was taken down. Just wondering is tethering to a laptop allowed under the 1 gb download limit with o2.

Thanks

Whats the worst they can do? Cancel your contract and kick ya off the network?

It might say something on their site in the T&C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

from what i read i see nothing. thanks for the help. if we had unlimited data, i'd probably get rid of eircom. speeds are really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Stokolan wrote: »
    Whats the worst they can do? Cancel your contract and kick ya off the network?

It might say something on their site in the T&C.

I don't think they'd know or care if you are tethering to a laptop. But they would charge the sh!t out of you if you pop your cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

So does anyone know where they have a 16gb black one in stock in dublin

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Where in Dublin has even the 8gb model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

With regards to buying an iphone from O2.ie do you have to be an existing customer?

I presume it's not possible for new customers and they need photo ID, utility bill, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭more tea vicar

Best to wait for 4G Wi-Max i-phone which will be ten times as fast. Technology already tested, will be the next big thing.

Tried the 16 meg 3G, seems okay, but has a few bugs, was to be sent back for replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

With regards to buying an iphone from O2.ie do you have to be an existing customer?

I presume it's not possible for new customers and they need photo ID, utility bill, etc?

I was going to try O2.ie myself but I figured it would be too much hassle as I was on Vodafone. They claim it's posible. I think you'd have to fax all the details to them.

I was lucky enough to get a 16GB white phone on Saturday in the Square Tallaght. I think all of the black models were reserved. I didn't think they'd have any at all and just chanced my arm. The whole porting from another network thing is much quicker than when I switched to vodafone 2 years ago. Took 3 days then. I just showed them a recent (last 3 months) vodaphone bill + passport. I was disconnected from vodafone before leaving the shop. Told me it would take 2 hours to go on O2 but it was yesterday before it was activated which wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Foxconn building 800,000 iphones a week
    Foxconn, the Taiwanese electronics giant that produces the iPhone 3G for Apple, has ramped up production to 800,000 units per week, says a source close to Apple with direct knowledge of the numbers. This is “above current full capacity” and there may be some concerns with quality control. Apple sold just 6 million of its first generation iPhones.
    Foxconn factories will be able to ramp production up significantly over time, says our source. But at current sell rates, the company is producing iPhones at a run rate of over 40 million units per year, well beyond early estimates of demand for the product of 25 million over the 3G product lifecycle.
    Apple is continuing to add countries - the iPhone is available in 23 countries today, and another 50 will be added this year. We’ve heard that Foxconn was initially told to expect sales of up to 40 million units in the first year, but that those numbers are being revised upwards sharply.
    About 1 billion mobile phones were sold worldwide in 2007, says Gartner (Nokia sold about 435 million of them).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

2.0.1 is on iTunes. Hopefully should sort out most issues. Initial feedback is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Any ideas on what time 02 will put on the few iphones on their store at. I assume sometime in the next hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Barty

digiking wrote: »
    Any ideas on what time 02 will put on the few iphones on their store at. I assume sometime in the next hour or so

According to the 02 site they are available now, although when you click on the link for any of the models (8Gb, 16Gb black, 16Gb white) get an error message.

I just got to order a 16gb black model online....got confrmation e-mail, order number, etc so fingers crossed....

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Error 404: Error reported: 404

C'mon O2, I want my iphone now!!!

C'mon - links are still dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Payment went through and got confirmation email, but even at that I don't expect to get one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

chrislad wrote: »
    2.0.1 is on iTunes. Hopefully should sort out most issues. Initial feedback is good.

Which issues has it sorted? Which issues has it not sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

links r still not workin for me and ive ben trying all morning. how the hell have ppl got one this morning!! :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

EI-DAV wrote: »
    Payment went through and got confirmation email, but even at that I don't expect to get one!

FFS, lucky so and so, you must type faster then me. I got as far as entering my credit card details, probably second last step, but now the submit to the next page is just hanging :mad:

Links are back up now

• Advertisement

My order status is pending...anyone know how long does it generally take for the order to be accepted?

done and dusted. Yay

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

No, the bastards.

On the last page I've now gotten:

Sorry, but the one or more of the item(s) you wish to buy are now out of stock. Please remove the 'out of stock' item from your cart.

That is so not fair, I've been trying to order it since 9 this morning, but because their stupid site kept timing out, I didn't get one in the end :mad:

bk wrote: »
    That is so not fair, I've been trying to order it since 9 this morning, but because their stupid site kept timing out, I didn't get one in the end :mad:

White one seems to be still in stock if thats any good...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,925 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I got mine in Dundrum yesterday. Brilliant phone. I feel bad for ye that didn't get one! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

wats the story with existing o2 bill customers? can we get them online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

BostonB wrote: »
    Which issues has it sorted? Which issues has it not sorted?

Seemsbto have fixed the lag in contacts, typing etc. Reports say it's faster. I've not installed it yet as I'm in work. Will report on it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

there was a very small number of phones for sale online and I mean small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

Got order number but no confirmation email. Doesn't look good. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement