Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Dubdude wrote: »
    Folks i know this has prob been asked so many times but im heading to the states next month and was wondering if the iphone wil work when i get back i.e. can i get it unlocked to work on vodafone or will i be wasting my money buying 1

the first question is how are you going to manage to buy one without getting an At&T contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Does anyone know where can I get a map of O2's 3G coverage. I google'd it but didn't find much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know where can I get a map of O2's 3G coverage. I google'd it but didn't find much.

http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi-bin/ni_map.pl?cc=ie&net=e3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I only have it since last friday but I have been using it a lot (novelty toy) and I just wanted to try manage my usage to figure out if I'm using it above or below average on a daily basis. My calls and texts are nearly up to date on o2.ie but for data it states nothing. Shoudl I call customer service or just hope that they haven't been charging me. I think myself its just a delay but I'm an optimist.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

How do ya find out how much of your data usage is gone. I've tried checking it using *111#, and by checking on o2.ie but both say that I haven't used any data, but I have. I've been on the net a lot. and have been using the youtube application a lot too.. I'm just worried I might go over without knowing.

I had the same problem. It took a couple of days to show up to date information but it's fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Parallax

Long shot, but does anyone know of any shops around Dublin that have the Iphone in stock??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Parallax wrote: »
    Long shot, but does anyone know of any shops around Dublin that have the Iphone in stock??
    Was just in CPW on Grafton St (Dublin) and saw some chap score a 16GB iPhone. Though I couldn't tell you if he'd got a call because he was on some waiting list. I was oddly jealous even though I have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

They didn't have any this morning when I was in in CPW Grafton street.

8gb ones in O2 Experience on Grafton street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

tunney wrote: »
    They didn't have any this morning when I was in in CPW Grafton street.

8gb ones in O2 Experience on Grafton street.

I tried there at lunch time and there were none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Parallax

thanks for the info guys! managed to score a 16gig white from CPW in Clarehall, I *think* they might have one more if anyone is close and wants one....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Recovered

Looks like CPW are way better at handling this than O2.

People are on here saying they have walked into O2 stores and gotten a phone but every time you call or walk in and ask you get this BS line about a waiting list and not accepting more names and blablabla.

I've been trying to call some O2 stores and the phone doesn't even get answered.

Called CPW, talked to someone in customer care, they could see 2 stores with 1 black 16gig near me but couldn't say if they were being held for someone. They gave me the direct number and I called the stores. The guy from the first store was real nice, said unfortunately they're holding that one for someone and that he wasn't sure when they would get stock again. He offered to take my number and give me a ring when they have stock in again.
    Second store same story, on hold and the guy said they only knew yesterday they were getting phones today so hard to say when they'll be in stock

TBH I've spoken with some O2 people that were bordering on rude when asked and really just brushed me off, CPW gained some serious points today and I'll be happy to give them my business instead of O2. (fair enough contract is still with them but happy to give CPW a slice of the profits!)

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Biscuit Baron

I've just spent the best part of an afternoon going to every CPW and O2 store in Dublin city centre looking for an iphone. As I (somewhat gloomily) expected, there were none to be found. Apparently they virtually fly out the door once they get a small shipment in; a shop assistant in a CPW store told me that they received five iphones only 30 minutes before I had arrived, and they were all snapped up within 20 minutes.

None of the stores would reserve one for me, and I'm honestly beginning to wonder just how long I'll have to wait before I can get my hands on one! The tiny amount of iphones being shipped to Ireland at present is a joke, and I wonder if it's in order to generate even more hype for the device. Apple surely wouldn't be so incompetent as to get their forecasts for 3G iPhone demand so completely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Is it worth getting insurance on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

iPhone 3G Stock update
    iPhone 3G Stock Availability Update 08/08/08 11.00am: There will limited quantities of iPhone 3G available to purchase via O2 Stores from tomorrow, Saturday 09th August. Please note that much of the iPhones being allocated to these stores may be reserved for customers who have already placed their names on iPhone 3G waiting lists in these stores. There will also be a very limited availability of iPhone 3G for purchase via the O2.ie online shop from Monday 11th August. Please note also, for existing O2 billpay Customers wishing to upgrade to iPhone 3G, this can only be done via an O2 Store or a Carphone Warehouse store

Please take this opportunity to visit our O2 Customer Forum where we are maintaining a thread regarding new iPhone 3G availability.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

BostonB wrote: »
    Is it worth getting insurance on them?
    Imagine how you'd feel if you had your iphone nicked - with 17 months left on your contract...

I think it's definitely worth it - as least for the first few months until supply catches up with demand. It ain't just a phone - it's a bloody expensive piece of kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

CPW in Galway SC had some this afternoon. Was in the queue for something totally unrelated and the guy in front got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Try carphone warehouse in maynooth, they had some today cos they rang me letting me know and the square tallaght rang me too....i got mine yesterday.....in liffey valley by chance!

ring them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Anyone having trouble with Apps crashing? All my third party apps are crashing now. Reboot doesn't fix it. Software 2.0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

So I'm off to spend my saturday morning driving around dublin (tallaght, nutgrove and dundrum anyways) looking for a shop with an iphone in stock!

If anyone has any update on where they're available, please post! I promise I will...

Try maynooth naas ad tallaght.
    Good luck with the search!

• Advertisement

Can Anyone tell me if blue tooth headphones work with the iphone 3g?
    From what i hear quite a good few bluetooth devices wont work with the iphone.

Has anyone had problems with bluetooth?
    Can anyone recomend bluetooth headphones?

Was looking at these.... http://www.nextag.com/Motorola-MOTOROKR-S9-Bluetooth-545350521/prices-html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The iPhone doesn't support A2DP (ie stereo bluetooth). It will connect but you'll only get sound out of one ear.

Damit!
    Cheers for the reply, you saved me a bit of time energy and money.
    Do they have plans to fix this in software update?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

CarPhoneWarehouse in nutgrove has an 8gig white iphone in stock, that's all

Most of the CarPhoneWarehouses seem to have gotten a delivery in yesterday which disappeared quickly, and no more due til next week.

O2 are due some in today but these'll mostly be going to people on the list. On that topic, where in Dublin are the o2 shops? Their site doesn't say, and I onlyknow the Dundrum, Nutgrove and Grafton Street ones...

Henry street has three o2 stores, one near the spire(excuse for a junky mecca!), one o2 experience store accross from arnots and one just beside liffey street near dunnes.
    Thats your best bet and they have a CPW there too, so thats your best bet in the city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

CPW Maynooth got 4 in yesterday. Sold in minutes, they were told no more in stock until September!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Try CPW and o2 Store in Blanch as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

I had my hands on a 16GB one in naas and was in the middle of buying it and the O2 network (for buying phones) is down. Had to leave it there. He said i can come back later this evening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

CPW in Citywest had 2 white 16GB last night. I got the last black 16GB, I finally gave into temptation and bought it. Have to wait till they port my no. off as I'm currently on vodafone PAYG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pwnage 2.0.2 has been released this morning - which will allow you to update to the 2.01 firmware, and contains the latest version of Cydia and Installer 4 beta.

Details and links here!

I'm just awake and haven't really read how stable it is.. so gonna leave my updating til this evening til I get "da skinny" on it!

EDIT: From what I've read of Pwnage 2.02, it seems to be stable so g'wan ahead and do your updating to 2.0.1 if you wish. Process is exactly the same as the previous version of Pwnage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement