Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

fullerand wrote: »
    CarPhoneWarehouse in nutgrove has an 8gig white iphone in stock, that's all

Most of the CarPhoneWarehouses seem to have gotten a delivery in yesterday which disappeared quickly, and no more due til next week.

O2 are due some in today but these'll mostly be going to people on the list. On that topic, where in Dublin are the o2 shops? Their site doesn't say, and I onlyknow the Dundrum, Nutgrove and Grafton Street ones...

White iPhone is 16gb only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Sigh. Went into the 02 shop in Wilton and they were seductively unloading a box of them. For people on the list only though, so I put my name down too. I really hate the way they always wince when I tell them that I want the 16GB black, I know the damn waiting list is long, don't rub it in!

Also if someone could post should they find out the o2 network is back up it'd be hugely appreciated. I almost got my hands on one in a Carphone Warehouse somewhere else only to find out they can't sell them today, and they can't reserve them either. Gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Just got a call from O2 shop in Crescent SC Limerick to say they'll have mine on Wednedsay - woohoo! She said they're getting in ten of each type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

does anyone know if its possible to swap a black and a white iphone on o2. I have a black 16gb but really wanted the white and might be able to convince my friend. Is there any trouble regarding warranty ?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭grumpypaddy

just got a call from 02 in crescent shopping centre limerick also and was told mine will be in on tuesday, a mate of mine got a call yesterday and told that his one is in available in cruises street today, although he was close to the top of the list there. there were at least 10-15 people ahead of me on the list for the crescent so some decent numbers of stock must be due to arrive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Gauge wrote: »
    Sigh. Went into the 02 shop in Wilton and they were seductively unloading a box of them. For people on the list only though, so I put my name down too. I really hate the way they always wince when I tell them that I want the 16GB black, I know the damn waiting list is long, don't rub it in!

Also if someone could post should they find out the o2 network is back up it'd be hugely appreciated. I almost got my hands on one in a Carphone Warehouse somewhere else only to find out they can't sell them today, and they can't reserve them either. Gutted!

I just checked again and the netwrok is still down.

Yeah. I'm wondering if the o2 website goes back up, does that mean the network is back up?

they're back

Wait the network is back now?

Got a call to say it was back. drove to the shop. one more click and it was done and the network went down again ##@~~@~@'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I wonder has there been a big stock of Iphone's made available and thats whats crashing the network?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Villain wrote: »
    I wonder has there been a big stock of Iphone's made available and thats whats crashing the network?

The whole network of systems are down, there was a power outage in one of their data centres.

They really should have better response times that 6+ hours.

Power outage in a data centre?? ah Jesus are O2 that amateur? I work in I.T. and any Data Centre we use has full generator backup for 4 days!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Villain wrote: »
    Power outage in a data centre?? ah Jesus are O2 that amateur? I work in I.T. and any Data Centre we use has full generator backup for 4 days!!!!

That's what I would have thought too.

It's affecting loads of services -- text messaging, o2.ie, & internal systems!

Lovely I moved from Vodafone because it took them 11 days to fix a local mast, I do wonder sometimes how Ireland can have such crap providers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm just wondering, anyone who bought the iPhone from the o2 online store last Tuesday, have you received the iPhone yet and how long did it take to arrive?

Cheers

Got a call to say it was back. drove to the shop. one more click and it was done and the network went down again ##@~~@~@'

Me too!! It was right there in front of me, ready to go, upgrade details sorted and everything went as he tried to put it through... this time they said they'd hold it for me til 6pm if the systems come back, guess if they don't I'm back to the drawing board again!

Gauge wrote: »
    Me too!! It was right there in front of me, ready to go, upgrade details sorted and everything went as he tried to put it through... this time they said they'd hold it for me til 6pm if the systems come back, guess if they don't I'm back to the drawing board again!

And now my phone is out, so they cant contact me. Someone doesnt want me to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Does anyone know is it possible to change the text message sound?

I've managed to create ringtones in iTunes and export them to the phone.

There's no option to use a custom sound as a text message tone...is there any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

just got a call from o2 in dooradoyle saying they had an iphone for me.I only put my name down thursday and there was 70 people ahead of me.Turned it down cause im buying a 2g one instead from a friend as im stuck in contract with meteor.

• Advertisement

And now my phone is out, so they cant contact me. Someone doesnt want me to get one

That sucks :( I have an hour of hope left... not feeling too optimistic though! Dammit, I was so close...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know is it possible to change the text message sound?

I've managed to create ringtones in iTunes and export them to the phone.

There's no option to use a custom sound as a text message tone...is there any way around this?
    Not on the 2.0 firmware yet.. there was an application pre 2.0 called 'Ringtones' which allowed you to set a custom SMS tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

because of o2's fook up, it means that Apple won't be getting in as many sales from iphones from Ireland today.

I wonder what criteria Apple go through to choose a good network provider for their iphones.

Do they not realise how incredibly bad O2 are?? :confused:

Feck it, they'll get the sales anyway, those ipods won't be sitting around for long.

5.45pm and no phone call, guess I'm SOL :( REALLY pissed off about this! Bloody o2!

Edit: I guess if the network is still down my iPhone should still be there tomorrow morning... if I'm lucky...

Got a call and they are still down. He promised to keep it for me til the system is back up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For all you Windows users, WinPwn 2.0.4 has been released to allow you to upgrade to the 2.0.1 firmware.

Site seems to be overloaded right now though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya in dungarvan co.waterford next year for a iphone
    in cammal co.tipp 2weaks
    in cork forgat about it all togader
    in waterford dont no but pust it up
    in turlas co.tipp 6 manths whats the pant in whiting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

^
    What language is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

xbox36016 wrote: »
    ya in dungarvan co.waterford next year for a iphone