Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

when i called the shop worker told me they had none in stock. they wouldnt be getting any more in stock in the foreseeable future. If they did have any in stock, they had to send it back to be "centralised". Its just what i was told, but now that i see grafton street had some im pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

noblestee wrote: »
    I rang an o2 shop during the week and they said they did not know if/when they would be getting them again.
    That's the standard answer before they get any stock in. They genuinely don't know when they get the iphones back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mike Tyson

We are currently out of stock of the iPhone 3G & at the moment have no next available date that we can give you. As always once we have any further information we will update this thread again

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=511

Anyone with information of stock in any O2 stores would be much appreciated, trying to track one down. When did O2 store Grafton St. have em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Its not a recall, its not a stock problem.

They have a load of iphones over here in the UK "too many" said the sales person in CPW.........

Didnt the people who suply phones to O2 in Ireland loose the contract in the past week? This could have something to do with it?

I get the impression O2 are pi55ed off with apple, lots of finger pointing in both directions about problems.......still I dont think they are pi55ed off enough to stop selling it.

What it could be is Apple saying they can not have anymore because the network is not up to it and its giving people a bad impression of Apple..............this is why you have to jailbreak the phone, they want complete control of everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Last report of stock on this thread was last Friday on Grafton Street. Around the same time the store on Baggot St said they had a few but were going to people on their list, they said Grafton Street had had a big delivery of 8GB ones. I didn't bother going in for one though. Since then people are reporting being told theres no stock or stock is being recalled. Which seems a big turnaround in a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Anyone have any idea where to get a decent 3G iPhone case in Dublin? Quite like the hard perspec ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

akadesign wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea where to get a decent 3G iPhone case in Dublin? Quite like the hard perspec ones.

O2 shops, Currys, PC World

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

andrewh5 wrote: »
    O2 shops, Currys, PC World

Cool thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I was in that O2 shop on Grafton street again earlier this week. They still had 8GB models left.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Has anybody been able to update existing applications since updating to 2.1? I haven't. I have to get rid of the application and then go in and purchase it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭CivilEx

I had to delete all of my apps after upgrading to 2.1. The only pre 2.1 App that I still have is Eirtext, which won't work, but I'm going to give it another few days to see will an update be released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

CivilEx wrote: »
    I had to delete all of my apps after upgrading to 2.1. The only pre 2.1 App that I still have is Eirtext, which won't work, but I'm going to give it another few days to see will an update be released

EirText updates are ready for 2.1, just waiting on Apple to approve them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Just to say.... check out the app store. I just purchased Cro-mag rally for €1.59, and i see that Enigmo is for €3.99. It says it a limited time sale. Any word on the stock updates?? My brother is pulling his hair out looking for one

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Eirtext has been updated and works fine now with 2.1

scary wrote: »
    Just updated and as usual I had to delete first then reinstall. But when I try to go into my contacts of doesn't do it when I hit the plus button. Anyone else experiencing this???

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

works perfectly ok for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just updated and as usual I had to delete first then reinstall. But when I try to go into my contacts of doesn't do it when I hit the plus button. Anyone else experiencing this???

I'd recommend a restore to 2.1, not an update. Fixed some issues I was having.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

32GB iphone to launch in next couple of weeks??? rumour rumour.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/20/apple-prepping-a-32gb-iphone-update-bringing-back-at-home-activ/

could explain why 02 have pulled stocks? Won't be too happy myself if they have a 32GB one out so soon after a massive launch with 16GB being the top one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

scary wrote: »

:confused: Not show for me under app store updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

copacetic wrote: »
    32GB iphone to launch in next couple of weeks??? rumour rumour.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/20/apple-prepping-a-32gb-iphone-update-bringing-back-at-home-activ/

could explain why 02 have pulled stocks? Won't be too happy myself if they have a 32GB one out so soon after a massive launch with 16GB being the top one.

If that proves to be true, I know what is going top of my Christmas list. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    If that proves to be true, I know what is going top of my Christmas list. :)

My Little Pony adventure island?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

grizzly wrote: »
    :confused: Not show for me under app store updates.

the pro version hasn't been updated yet

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭CivilEx

There seems to be a few rumours around the net this weekend on boygeniusreport and hackintosh that the current offering of 8gb / 16gb will be pulled and replaced with 16gb / 32gb. Anyone thinking of buying the 8gb might consider waiting for a while to see if it's replaced with a 16gb?

It might also be just that - a rumour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

What would be the possiblity here of upgrading?

Id imagine zilch?

Anyways, anyone used there Iphone on roaming yet , I want to take mine to Belgium in 2 weeks and use it along with the 3g?

Is this possible and if so will the 3g cost me a fortune?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

roaming charges are huge...I took a drive to belfast, there for about an hour and was charge 32 euro + VAT for roaming. Made one phone call that lasted less that 3 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Mr. X wrote: »
    What would be the possiblity here of upgrading?

Id imagine zilch?

Anyways, anyone used there Iphone on roaming yet , I want to take mine to Belgium in 2 weeks and use it along with the 3g?

Is this possible and if so will the 3g cost me a fortune?

You'd be, as we doctors say, 'bonkers'. Go to Belgium, get an unlocked one, stick in the SIM of your choice. Cheaper in the long run, if travelling much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

garytuohy wrote: »
    roaming charges are huge...I took a drive to belfast, there for about an hour and was charge 32 euro + VAT for roaming. Made one phone call that lasted less that 3 mins

If that is the only call you made, then what were the charges for? Was data roaming ON? Did you surf, use PalRingo or what? Or call Ougadougou? You can't be charged that amount for phoning a national number.

Did anybody else get a nasty shock on their first bill.. mine was €96. meant to be €45. They said the additional charge was a charge that was a deposit on my first bill because I'm a new customer and should get it back if/when I leave O2. She said that this should've been explained to me in the shop when i purchased but it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Did anybody else get a nasty shock on their first bill.. mine was €96. meant to be €45. They said the additional charge was a charge that was a deposit on my first bill because I'm a new customer and should get it back if/when I leave O2. She said that this should've been explained to me in the shop when i purchased but it wasn't
    As it wasn't explained when you entered the contract they are in breach of the contract themselves and you have every right to demand repayment of the amount.

• Advertisement

Is the €45 a month tarriff including VAT? I thought it was but now I can't be sure. I looked on O2.ie but it doesn't state either way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement