Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

hey lads,any info about when 02 will have more iphones 3G in stock?went to them last nd they said that theres no particular date when they'll have a new arrival

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

can 3g iphones be bought in france unlocked,i heard that it is illegal for phones to be locked in some countries and france been one?

can 3g iphones be bought in france unlocked,i heard that it is illegal for phones to be locked in some countries and france been one?

dunno about france but Belgium is selling sim-free iphones;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

still have not got my bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

dunno about france but Belgium is selling sim-free iphones;)

do you know how much they are in belgium and where abouts?
    cheers for the heads up:)

• Advertisement

do you know how much they are in belgium and where abouts?
    cheers for the heads up:)
    they should be on sale in most of the phone shops in the country...not sure about the price...its aroung 600-700 euro (what a rip off:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

Guys i need some help badly

I got a 16gb i phone.the guy before me had songs and his contacts on it so i pressed re set all settings and after about 1 hour the reset function finished but now i am getting a blank screen with the apple sign and a loading feature but its stuck.
    can someone with experience please tell me what to do as i am abit worried.Its a canadian/ US phone so i cant bring it to a shop for refund or anything

any genuine help is appriciated.

Guys i need some help badly

I got a 16gb i phone.the guy before me had songs and his contacts on it so i pressed re set all settings and after about 1 hour the reset function finished but now i am getting a blank screen with the apple sign and a loading feature but its stuck.
    can someone with experience please tell me what to do as i am abit worried.Its a canadian/ US phone so i cant bring it to a shop for refund or anything

any genuine help is appriciated.

u've sim-locked it.not a big deal.just read a few FAQ's about unlocking an iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ever since I upgraded to 2.1, which was about two weeks ago, my positioning i.e my maps locating device, and indeed any app that uses my location seems to position me north of Alaska. N78W172. This is obviously wrong. Has anyone else noticed this? Or does anyone know how to rectify this?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Ever since I upgraded to 2.1, which was about two weeks ago, my positioning i.e my maps locating device, and indeed any app that uses my location seems to position me north of Alaska. N78W172. This is obviously wrong. Has anyone else noticed this? Or does anyone know how to rectify this?

Yeah this happened to me when I first got my 3g. It cleared when I tried using the gps outside (so the chip had clear view to the satellites). Worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

any app that uses my location seems to position me north of Alaska. N78W172. This is obviously wrong.

Are you sure........I mean really sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Are you sure........I mean really sure?
    100% positive. I even looked out the window to be extra sure. Those might not be the exact numbers but on maps it shows me north of Alaska in the sea. I can get the exact numbers off another app if ya like.

hey lads,i wanna buy an iphone 3g from 02 once they have them in stock.have never been on bill pay before.can u give some advises about it?tnx a million:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Any more updates on the potential 32gig iPhone. I know it was only a rumor but it you never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭action jackson

hi,

my new iphone is not registering on the latest version of itunes. got 16gb version and am trying to connect it to my laptop, which has vista. anybody experienced this yet ?

so, i got a brand new phone that does not work on vista !

the error message i get is that phone is not compatable with version of itunes, which is complete crap as i have latest itunes and quicktime.

any tips ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

hi,

my new iphone is not registering on the latest version of itunes. got 16gb version and am trying to connect it to my laptop, which has vista. anybody experienced this yet ?

so, i got a brand new phone that does not work on vista !

the error message i get is that phone is not compatable with version of itunes, which is complete crap as i have latest itunes and quicktime.

any tips ?

thanks
    I assume you are running iTunes v8? Uninstall itunes then reboot the PC. Go into Program Files and rename the iTunes folder, then reinstall iTunes v8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭action jackson

i have already reinstalled it about 4 times, however have not renamed folder.
    will try it again tonight.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Apologies since this will no doubt have come up a million times but if I buy a 3G i-phone in the states will I be able to use all the functions on it if I get it unlocked?

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Apologies since this will no doubt have come up a million times but if I buy a 3G i-phone in the states will I be able to use all the functions on it if I get it unlocked?

Thanks

You cannot unlock the 3G iphone without using a SIM adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Thanks

You also cannot buy one in the states without signing up for an 18 month contract - Social Security Number, ID etc. are required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Just a heads up to EirText Pro users that there is an update (v1.1) now available which fixes crashing on firmware 2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

I have my phone about 6 weeks now and I don't think the battery is great.

eg. Today it's been on standy for 11 hours 30 mins and usage was 3 hours and I'm down to 10% battery.

Is this the norm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cuaifeadh

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have my phone about 6 weeks now and I don't think the battery is great.

eg. Today it's been on standy for 11 hours 30 mins and usage was 3 hours and I'm down to 10% battery.

Is this the norm?

Sounds like mine, if I use it for any length of time it just eats up the battery, and I lost the charger so I have to plug it into the laptop to charge ::hassle::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its a mini internet browser that can make calls. I don't think I could live with the battery life myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

cuaifeadh wrote: »
    Sounds like mine, if I use it for any length of time it just eats up the battery, and I lost the charger so I have to plug it into the laptop to charge ::hassle::

Some balls isn't it. Mine was fully charged at 11 this morning, 12 hours later its dead. So say if it's a weekend night and I go out for a few pints it means I have no phone for the night unless I charge it again in the evening time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Some balls isn't it. Mine was fully charged at 11 this morning, 12 hours later its dead. So say if it's a weekend night and I go out for a few pints it means I have no phone for the night unless I charge it again in the evening time!!

Turn off 3G and you'll get 4x the battery life, that's what I'm doing and only turning on 3G if/when I need it, usually get 3-4 days out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

TrueDub wrote: »
    You cannot unlock the 3G iphone without using a SIM adapter.
    What sim adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

You could get one of these. A hassle to carry around, but better then having no power!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Another thing is to turn the brightness right down to about 20%.

Does anyone know how to turn off G3 when not in use? Do I just select Carrier> O2 IRL (instead of O2 IRL G3)? or is there another way of doing this?

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

colm_c wrote: »
    Turn off 3G and you'll get 4x the battery life, that's what I'm doing and only turning on 3G if/when I need it, usually get 3-4 days out of it.

yes, second that! i got similar results after the 2.1 upgrade.

brightness and 3g kill the battery. also, turn off fetch mail, wireless and bluetooth. turn on as and when you need. you easily get 30 hours even with wireless on constantly.

@jamieh
    i would recommend you get a car charger (if you drive that is!). top up the battery when you're out and about and you'll never be stuck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement