Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sony (the creator of the walkman) is now making products for ipods??? What is the world coming to!!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Ha, Good Point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

For anyone thinkin of shellin out the big bucks, seems Expansys are gettin some 16GB 3G refurbs!

And boy do they know how to charge!

Clicky

Still beats the ebay prices!

Just spotted this,
    Availability: Estimated 3 Days

If you order this product before 4pm today, IE customers can expect shipment in 6 working days. Add your email address to the box at the bottom to receive an alert message when we get stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

For anyone thinkin of shellin out the big bucks, seems Expansys are gettin some 16GB 3G refurbs!

And boy do they know how to charge!

Clicky

Still beats the ebay prices!

Just spotted this,

meh not that gr8, i got mine from a ebay seller from italy for less than they are asking + its not a refurb!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

True,
    I wouldn't buy one myself. Plus i see they come with "No Warranty"

Doesn't seem like a genuine Apple refurb!

• Advertisement

True,
    I wouldn't buy one myself. Plus i see they come with "No Warranty"

Doesn't seem like a genuine Apple refurb!

your best bet is from Italy you get hassle free firmware updates, worth paying the extra few squid imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm looking at getting one from italy through ebay. Can someone please recommend an ebay seller to me, because I'm bricking it that I'll choose the one dodgy seller and lose 800 bucks. Cheers!

Minto wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting one from italy through ebay. Can someone please recommend an ebay seller to me, because I'm bricking it that I'll choose the one dodgy seller and lose 800 bucks. Cheers!

sure got mine from this guy

http://myworld.ebay.ie/storeicm/

had no issues at all, took about 2weeks for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Thanks for that, I'll have a look. Sorry to be asking more questions, but there are no issues with updating it or anything, once you put you sim card in, it won't brick or anything?

Minto wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I'll have a look. Sorry to be asking more questions, but there are no issues with updating it or anything, once you put you sim card in, it won't brick or anything?

well its fine at the moment, when i opened it out of the box it had 2.0 firmware i then upgraded to 2.1 with no issues what so ever. yes just pop your sim right into it no need for turbo sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Seems to be a long delivery time considering the shipping cost that's quoted on the site.

I seem to have found a seller in Dublin who has got some from Italy, so am looking into buying some from him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Gekko wrote: »
    Seems to be a long delivery time considering the shipping cost that's quoted on the site.
    €65 shipping would get it here in no time. They must be skimming off the shipping and just licking a few stamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm in desperate need of help. My iPhone 3g seems have caught the flu. When I activate it (pressing the home key after its been asleep) it takes about fifteen seconds before I can slide the bar across to unlock it. I can't restart it because no matter how long I try to hold the button down nothing happens (2 minutes is the lenght I tried).

I am considering letting it die and then try it from fresh but I'm afraid that it might not restart. Any suggestions???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I'm in desperate need of help. My iPhone 3g seems have caught the flu. When I activate it (pressing the home key after its been asleep) it takes about fifteen seconds before I can slide the bar across to unlock it. I can't restart it because no matter how long I try to hold the button down nothing happens (2 minutes is the lenght I tried).

I am considering letting it die and then try it from fresh but I'm afraid that it might not restart. Any suggestions???

Try plugging it into your computer, and use iTunes to reset it to a factory state, needless to say back up your contacts and stuff before you do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Plug it into your PC or Mac and start itunes, under the iphone settings you can restore your iphone.
    Try that....it usualy works with minor faults.

skapegoat wrote: »
    Plug it into your PC or Mac and start itunes, under the iphone settings you can restore your iphone.
    Try that....it usualy works with minor faults.
    colm_c wrote: »
    Try plugging it into your computer, and use iTunes to reset it to a factory state, needless to say back up your contacts and stuff before you do this.

Does that work via an internet connection or is it all on Comp because the only pc I have available atm is dial up and it could take me awhile. Thanks for both the quick replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

If the power button doesn't work on its own you can try a reset. Hold down both the power and home buttons for about 10 - 20 seconds. The phone should switch off. You may need to turn it back on then (Can't remember if it comes on itself after a reset).

I've had the same problem a few times and this sorted it.

You can put it into restore by holding both down and when it goes black, release the power button but keep pressing the home button then press power again. Of course, restore mode you'll need to connect to a computer. If you have the latest firmware downloaded you shouldn't need a fast connection.

I find that the phone gets slow like this after running a lot of apps. I turn it off and on a few times a week to get around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

got my 3G today from o2.just wondering how do u look up how much mobile internet u've used up?and whats the name of the company that provide unlimited wi-fi for o2?help appreciated)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

*111#

Works pretty much about 20% of the time you try it. I generally get a Network Error, and I've had my iPhone since launch.

www.bitbuzz.ie is the company that run it. I've only used it once, when I was at a 21st in the Glentworth Hotel in Limerick, but it was fairly seamless. Just entered my iPhone phone number and it was up and running instantly.

chrislad wrote: »
    *111#

Works pretty much about 20% of the time you try it. I generally get a Network Error, and I've had my iPhone since launch.

www.bitbuzz.ie is the company that run it. I've only used it once, when I was at a 21st in the Glentworth Hotel in Limerick, but it was fairly seamless. Just entered my iPhone phone number and it was up and running instantly.

tnx a million.
    i live in kilkenny and they have no wifi spots there(((

tried *111# about 10 times but kept getting a network error.thank anyway,dude)

• Advertisement

how can i delete programs that i've downloaded from the appstore straight onto my iphone?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

how can i delete programs that i've downloaded from the appstore straight onto my iphone?:rolleyes:

Press and hold in any of the icons for a couple of seconds after that the icons will be shaking and the apps download will have an x on them, click on the x and confrim you want to delete them.

That's all.

If the power button doesn't work on its own you can try a reset. Hold down both the power and home buttons for about 10 - 20 seconds. The phone should switch off. You may need to turn it back on then (Can't remember if it comes on itself after a reset).

I've had the same problem a few times and this sorted it.

You can put it into restore by holding both down and when it goes black, release the power button but keep pressing the home button then press power again. Of course, restore mode you'll need to connect to a computer. If you have the latest firmware downloaded you shouldn't need a fast connection.

I find that the phone gets slow like this after running a lot of apps. I turn it off and on a few times a week to get around this.
    Thanks Wayne, I'll try that next time it happens. I was fiddling with a few things in settings when it suddenly restarted. I still don't know why it done it, or if I had any influence on it at all but its fine now again. I'll keep that in mind next time.

Where di ya get your phone Dicksboro I was under the impression that O2 stopped selling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

There was a leak on O2's website today about the PAYG iPhone 3G. Looks like it'll cost 529 euro for the 8GB. No details on tariffs. Here's the page on O2's website:
    http://www.o2online.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/O2PhoneListDisplayView?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&flowType=SU&breadCrumb=&categoryId=10051&wcmArea=/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Phones/Speak+easy+prepay/Existing+customer/

and here's where I got this from: http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=1821

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Shows as €589 for 16GB version if you try as a new Speakeasy customer instead of existing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

whisht wrote: »
    Shows as €589 for 16GB version if you try as a new Speakeasy customer instead of existing
    Yeah just saw that. God, O2 really know how to look after their existing customers. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 future.music

The info seems to have been removed from the site. Did it mention when the PAYG version would be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

whisht wrote: »

Does the price include any data/wifi hotspot like the UK Payg deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

If I move one of my mobile numbers to O2 to get the iPhone 3G. Then unlock and use the iPhone on Vodafone, can I use another phone with the O2 sim onfrom the Iphone 3G package?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Phones/iPhone+3G/Find+out+more

16Gb White & Black phones on the site now. Just bought Black one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement