Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

bold daznoz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

DAZNOZ Banned for being a dumb spammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

I it will be northen ireland credit but just something to play around with for awhile i hope. anyone know of somewhere i can pick up something like rebel sim in dublin? dont feel like waiting around for it to be delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

Has anyone here experienced issues with iPhone and iTunes where the computer crashes or similar.

I have problems any time I've connected iPhone. I've reinstalled iTunes hoping it will sort it but don't think it has. Don't want to chance connecting it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭BlindedByGInge

Right i was talkin to a salesman in a 3g store today and he said that O2 had only bought the rights to sell the iphone for a year. That means that come Jan every network will be selling the iphone 3g, and for hell of a lot cheaper 2. Meteor for example will have 3g internet speeds up to 3 times faster and are going to be offering great saving on pay as you go price plans. All good news for people looking for an iphone for christmas! He told me to wait untill the new year to buy an iphone. BUT im not sure if its Janurary of maybe march 14thish that their licence runs out. Either way i think it will be a lot better value than being impatient and getting it now with O2. Its clear to see that O2 are on a blitz to get rid off as much iphones as possible, releasing it on pay as you go aswell, before their monopoly is ruined.

I found out a while back that browsing the web on 3g(not wifi) cost 1cent per kb. that means for every 10 web sites u go on it is 1mb, 10EURO FOR browsing 10 web pages. wat a rip!!!

But if your still too impatient to wait in anticipation till then i would rexommend buying an iphone in Italy. same price but it is open to every network in the world, just pop in your sim and off u go. its a lot better than messing with turbo sims and jailbreaking which have never gotten 1 100% review. bad reception, unable to connect to wifi, etc. the list goes on.

Still i think the wait of a few months to get one will be worth it, even if you are left with very few presents on christmas day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Right i was talkin to a salesman in a 3g store today and he said that O2 had only bought the rights to sell the iphone for a year. That means that come Jan every network will be selling the iphone 3g, and for hell of a lot cheaper 2. Meteor for example will have 3g internet speeds up to 3 times faster and are going to be offering great saving on pay as you go price plans. All good news for people looking for an iphone for christmas! He told me to wait untill the new year to buy an iphone. BUT im not sure if its Janurary of maybe march 14thish that their licence runs out. Either way i think it will be a lot better value than being impatient and getting it now with O2. Its clear to see that O2 are on a blitz to get rid off as much iphones as possible, releasing it on pay as you go aswell, before their monopoly is ruined.

I found out a while back that browsing the web on 3g(not wifi) cost 1cent per kb. that means for every 10 web sites u go on it is 1mb, 10EURO FOR browsing 10 web pages. wat a rip!!!

But if your still too impatient to wait in anticipation till then i would rexommend buying an iphone in Italy. same price but it is open to every network in the world, just pop in your sim and off u go. its a lot better than messing with turbo sims and jailbreaking which have never gotten 1 100% review. bad reception, unable to connect to wifi, etc. the list goes on.

Still i think the wait of a few months to get one will be worth it, even if you are left with very few presents on christmas day.

How will Meteor have 3G speeds times faster than O2, the only Irish network currently doing 7.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

culabula wrote: »
    How will Meteor have 3G speeds times faster than O2, the only Irish network currently doing 7.2?

Meteor are going straight to 14.4 as far as I know...It won't matter when their 3G network becomes congested and as packed as the rest anyway.

Adro947 wrote: »
    Meteor are going straight to 14.4 as far as I know...It won't matter when their 3G network becomes congested and as packed as the rest anyway.

And what handsets/datamodems support those speeds? In any case, that is double O2's 7.2, not the three times the other guy said, which I have enjoyed using a Samsung Tocco.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

@ least 98% of this post is pure bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leopold25

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone has bought an iphone in America and brought it home here. I'm not sure if they would work or if you can buy them off contract there. Am hoping it is an option as the price is so excessive here.
    Any thoughts, much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

copacetic wrote: »
    @ least 98% of this post is pure bull.

ok..but ehat about the pat that says that all networks will have the iphone 3g early next year?jeez ..im supposed tobe gettin one in italy in a couple weeks..if this is true it cud be worth waiting as then ill have a warrenty when/if something goes wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Italy is the palce to go for a legally unlocked iphone, it's also launching in france on the 29th of November for €300... see this thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055419184

There's also one for sale on adverts.ie but it's on 02

cojomo2 wrote: »
    ok..but ehat about the pat that says that all networks will have the iphone 3g early next year?jeez ..im supposed tobe gettin one in italy in a couple weeks..if this is true it cud be worth waiting as then ill have a warrenty when/if something goes wrong?

Do a search back, people have said on this thread that it will be available on all networks every month for past 6 months. Eventually it will be I'm sure, but it won't be early next year.

COJONES -S_T_O_P!

ALL Apple products are covered worldwide by universal warranty. Two weeks ago, I mentioned -didn't even complain - about a minor irritation on mine and they were prepared to swap it out without quibble on the spot in the Apple Store, Belfast.

leopold25 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone has bought an iphone in America and brought it home here. I'm not sure if they would work or if you can buy them off contract there. Am hoping it is an option as the price is so excessive here.
    Any thoughts, much appreciated

AFAIK, if you buy one there, you must activate it in order to work and it is sim-locked to AT&T. You would be liable for a considerably lengthy contract. Italian PAYG versions are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

NiSmO wrote: »

Not on mine when I use it with O2 Ireland. Looks very ugly.

not on mine either, have you named each homepage or something?

COJONES -S_T_O_P!

ALL Apple products are covered worldwide by universal warranty. Two weeks ago, I mentioned -didn't even complain - about a minor irritation on mine and they were prepared to swap it out without quibble on the spot in the Apple Store, Belfast.

it states on apples website that apple may choose to do warranty work only in the country where the product was purchased...

Italy is the palce to go for a legally unlocked iphone, it's also launching in france on the 29th of November for €300... see this thread...

300 for an unlocked 3g iphone? are u sure this is correct? if its PAYG thats 200 cheaper than most other countries, and if its bill pay that way more expensive than the rest..

• Advertisement

France on the 29th of November for 300€? Surely that was last year, on contract?

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/09/16/the-iphone-will-be-launched-in-france-november-29th-at-300-euros-first-picture/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

France on the 29th of November for 300€? Surely that was last year, on contract?

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/09/16/the-iphone-will-be-launched-in-france-november-29th-at-300-euros-first-picture/
    I live in France and haven't seen this anywhere, phones are generally slighltly more expensive than Ireland here, where did you hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

NiSmO wrote: »
    Where is your settings, calculator, notes clock etc apps, Mine can't be moved from my original screen. How come you only have half of them??

Where is your settings, calculator, notes clock etc apps, Mine can't be moved from my original screen. How come you only have half of them??

yes they can, hold your finger on them, when they start to wobble you can move them to a different page.

I live in France and haven't seen this anywhere, phones are generally slighltly more expensive than Ireland here, where did you hear it?

That wasn't me claiming this, I too am refuting it.

it states on apples website that apple may choose to do warranty work only in the country where the product was purchased...

Well, note the use of the subjunctive.

Well, note the use of the subjunctive.

i rang them..they wsaid they wont deal with any phones bought italy, or anywhere else for that metter, just the north.

also u mentioned that they offered to replace yours, surelay the replacement would be sim locked, no? With no warrenty im really starting to think twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Batman

My iphone arrived from Italy today, works perfectly out of the box so thanks for yer help.

However i put my iphone into itunes, and no music will upload, i also downloaded the ipint just to see how the apps works...but this wont upload either! Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

i rang them..they wsaid they wont deal with any phones bought italy, or anywhere else for that metter, just the north.

also u mentioned that they offered to replace yours, surelay the replacement would be sim locked, no? With no warrenty im really starting to think twice.

You rang who? Apple or O2?

The Apple Store offered to replace mine with a locked version, which is why I turned them down on the spot. I'll put up with the slight blemish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement