Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LilLorna

Music teacher says to concentrate on the Ceili bands, regional styles and sean nos for the essays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Better learn one of those essays so!!

Let me just get this straight....danse macabre is just a rhythm..right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Langerhands

I have an absolute ridiculous teacher! So trying to learn music but don't know what to do. the only god damn essay we did was sean-nos...i think she handed out sheets on the harp, lol.
    so was just wondering what other people were studying. like for the set works its obviously tempo, key and time sig, all the important stuff but should you go through each piece in depth? or just the significant moments in the pieces? don't even get me started on melody writing???

My teacher was goin over all the parts in the mozart with us yesterday in her revision class and they confuse me! All this first subject theme 2a and all this!! Do they even ask you that in the exam???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Death to all upbeats
    . I'm hoping that either Seachanges or the Beatles come up.
    And our teacher told us the ''irish contribution to music in north america'' essay was a likely, aswell as the belfast harp festival

REALLY hope that essay comes up. How much do ppl write on that anyway? It only gives you 3/4 page to write on!

mattfender wrote: »
    REALLY hope that essay comes up. How much do ppl write on that anyway? It only gives you 3/4 page to write on!
    I generally try to fill the space given
    Minimum bullplop :)

i really need to go over em so.... argh how the hell am I gonna get an A in this?? Do you really have to know the sections of mozart?? And do you have to know the exposition, development yada yada?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Postman-Layla

Death to all upbeats

+1
    And minor keys, with their damn raised sevenths & sometimes w*nky sixths.
    I've never written a music essay before in my life... Here's to waffle, eh!

• Advertisement

i really need to go over em so.... argh how the hell am I gonna get an A in this?? Do you really have to know the sections of mozart?? And do you have to know the exposition, development yada yada?!
    Sure all the set works combined is the same percentage as Irish Music
    Ya can get an a1 with leaving out 1 set work afaik!
    The essays are grand... I'm just buggered for Mozart and Berlioz! And I haven't a clue for aural skills but don't think that's too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

don't be too worried about the works- all in all they're only worth about 15 percent of the overall grade. the questions are usually quite general so, with a very small amount of revision, it's easy enough to get seven to ten percent of that fifteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

The essays are grand... I'm just buggered for Mozart and Berlioz! And I haven't a clue for aural skills but don't think that's too bad

I agree with ya on that one, im more worried bout mozart than berlioz though, theres just so much ya have to know!:( I'd love if the Beatles or Deane came up as the long question and if something on the belfast harp festival, sean nos or dances came up for the irish music essay! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Sure even if we mess up royally our practicals might save us! :D

Sure even if we mess up royally our practicals might save us! :D
    After my ''freeform jazz clarinet'' performance?
    Nahh don't think so! :pac:

Argh really need to learn off essay again! Totally forget it! Time to look at past papers...yes..at 12:56am:pac:

Argh really need to learn off essay again! Totally forget it! Time to look at past papers...yes..at 12:56am:pac:
    Hit the Nocturnal Forum my friend!
    (in my sig)
    and all your worries will fly away!

Hit the Nocturnal Forum my friend!
    (in my sig)
    and all your worries will fly away!
    Cant see your sig! I just realised the essay's only 10 marks...and here's me thinking I only got 7/25 in the mocks! Ha! So I know 7/10 of contribution essay... Better learn some more!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1090 <----go on go on go on!
    Ah but in the essays you get a lot of marks for not so many points

So just put down as many points as ya know so?

• Advertisement

So just put down as many points as ya know so?
    Yeah pretty much
    As long as they're big and not too vague (and aren't concentrated waffle) you could get away with not a whole lot.
    Remember- you only have the space they give you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

You wanna hear a tight song bros?

ABABABAEEEABBGBABBFBEEBABABABEEEGGGBEBGEBAGBEGABEGCBGDBEGCCBAGDBEGDBCGDABDGEDBCGADBEGAD

Sound prettty good on any instrument

Yeah pretty much
    As long as they're big and not too vague (and aren't concentrated waffle) you could get away with not a whole lot.
    Remember- you only have the space they give you!

I filled 3/4 of that space lol

I filled 3/4 of that space lol
    then stick in a ''I think Turlough O'Carolan would beat Dennis Hempson in a fight, anyday''

baha perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cursive

japers, was lookin at marking schemes for harmony and melody writing, they're CRAP. what to do, what to do

cursive wrote: »
    japers, was lookin at marking schemes for harmony and melody writing, they're CRAP. what to do, what to do
    Just copy this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4oSXmnkPUU&feature=related
    and you'll be graaaand.
    Or- alternatively, you could just write out a ''perfect'' melody/harmony and memorise it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭leavo08

does anyone have a really good melody I could just borrow and then memorise it?? I would so write one but 3 exams left really running out of time!pretty please

I'm doin the continuation of a given opening thing...hope there's no upbeat to confuse me!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭leavo08

Yeah I'm doing that one too I think most people are..ick I hate those upbeats such unnecessary stress!

Advertisement