Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber merchant in Kildare area?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I am planning to build a tree house for m y daughter.Please recommend me a timber yard in the Kildare area and any top tips about building tree houses would be helpful. thanks
    Blackgrape

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Kilcock, on the Enfield road out there's a timber yard. The chap does all sorts of fencing panels/posts etc. I've heard he's quiet reasonable and does deliver.
    As reguards building a treehouse, use pressure treated timber as it will last longer, also use 3" or 4" screws as opposed to nails and it shouldn't loosen up over time. Put a roof on it so it can be used in the rain and make a deasent quality stairs/ladder with handrail for peace of mind.

Advertisement