Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish paper 2 summaries

Options
  • 09-06-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi,can anyone please explain to me in english what 'Lig sin i gCathu' is about please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

its basically lord of the rings/hogwarts set in the west of ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Knuffel

Student(martin) returns to college during the Easter holidays to pick up his scholarship cheque. There's a bit of a side story regarding the enemity between the gardener and the porter(an puca) because the gardener was a blue shirt so the porter hates him. Some scandal about the porter throwing bricks at his house. Porter keeps his job becasue Monsignor de Blaca is senile and likes his drink.... Incidently he only got his job to keep a mthodist out of the post....Um.... Martin goes into get his cheque anyway and gets into an argument with the bursar about him not attending classes, he laughs at the bursar's wonky eye then bursar mentions martin's father's illness and martin doesn't like Then the bursar says how martin's brother would be disappointed in him and then martin takes his cheque and leaves.

I think that's about it but you might want to double check

Advertisement