Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I get in ?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I was lookin forward to gettin into DT211 but my maths didnt go as well as i anticipated... I think i might have scraped a pass but it says minimum requirements are a C3... If places aren't filled, would there be a chance i could get in? If not, what else can i do to get in?

Thanks for all help,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

if you didnt get the minimum requirements, you wont get in.

simple as.

there's always a back door tho. is there a prelim year offered for that course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Dont worry you will be fine. I thought i done **** in my maths leaving but I got a C1. Everybody always thinks they done worse than they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

cheers for the vote of confidence mate... but really.... ah i dunno.... Hopefully... Do you have to do a fetac to get in the 'backdoor' ?

Cheers,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I was worried too, but I got a C1 in Ordinary last year when the
    results were released. If you don't get it though, you can do a one year
    level 5 fetac course and reapply for the same course through the CAO without
    worrying about your leaving cert again.

If you do a two year fetac course, you can use it to get into second year too.
    This method is more full proof because you apply directly to the College, and not the CAO.
    There is more than one way of getting into the course.
    The Fetac route is better than repeating because you will learn subjects related to Computing.

A year is scarily short period of time. Can't believe I am going into second year already.
    No major biggie if you don't get it, follow a Fetac course and you will get in.
    Good luck mate and forget about it till August:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Naikon wrote: »
    A year is scarily short period of time. Can't believe I am going into second year already.

never a truer word spoken, i can't believe i'm going into 4th year. me in 4th year who'd of thunk it :eek: i'll have to get on to the students union about getting them to reduce the price of jolt in shop back to a euro, as i feel many late late nights ahead.

on topic, try not to worry about your results at least until your last leaving cert exam is over, it may effect your performance in other exams.

if you don't get the min. requirements, so what. you can do a fetac course for 1/2 years and apply that way.

think of it this way, what is 1 or 2 years of your life when you have the guts of 40 years to work after your finished college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

thought i may aswell add an update...

I amazingly got a C1 in the maths.... I think they had a massive mix up but i wont say anything if you dont... ;) Got into Blanch in the end. I got the points for DIT but decided to go for Blanch instead cause its closer to home.

Thanks,
    Dave

Advertisement