Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody cancelled their O2 BB?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I was wondering has anybody cancelled their broadband with O2 and how much it cost to get out of the contract?

I've about 5 months left with them but i want to get rid of it to move to eircom.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I presume they will charge you for the remainder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

genrally the only way out it breach of contract, you need to show that you are not getting the service you signed up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

Definately not getting a good service, it barely works between 6pm to 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I've done the 12 months with them and want rid of the "service" also. I've only ever got Edge speeds with it which I would have remained happy with for now. However the lag in the evening time is unsufferable anymore and will probably seek an alternative as soon as I finish with them.

Problem that exists is a couple of months ago I enquired about the reduced price of the service and asked to be put on that rate rather than the old one. I think at the time they said no problem but that'll be another 12 month period (Sneeky f**ks). I didn't physically sign ANYthing though.

How will I be fixed ?? I'm gonna call them and see anyway cause I'm not ordering anything else until I'm rid of this $H1TE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

yes I have. However you need to show that you were not getting the service, such as frequent phone calls and records to show that the complaints were logged.

I got my contract cancelled on Tuesday after finally losing patience with them and had my €30 monthly fee refunded.

I have signed up to Vodafone. First 2 weeks are free and I only pay €14.99 for first couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Called them enquiring about cancelling the BB. They said no problem and no fee to be applied as my initial 12 month period is up. Will have to write a letter/email to get things underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Partizan wrote: »
    yes I have. However you need to show that you were not getting the service, such as frequent phone calls and records to show that the complaints were logged.

I got my contract cancelled on Tuesday after finally losing patience with them and had my €30 monthly fee refunded.

I have signed up to Vodafone. First 2 weeks are free and I only pay €14.99 for first couple of months.

What speeds are you getting with vodafone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Just did the speedtest. I got the following

Upload 433 Kbs
    Download 2500 Kbs

I cancelled it but I was within my first week so there was no penalty and I got refunded the cost of the modem. It was completely unusable around 9-10pm, it would often take over ten attempts to dial up and when it finally did the connection was too slow to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

Ourlad wrote: »
    Definately not getting a good service, it barely works between 6pm to 9pm.

having the same problems over the last two weeks :mad:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/366703145.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement